Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Swiss Red Cross
Location: Mbabane, Swaziland
Last Date: September 4, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
For our programme in Swaziland we are looking for a
to be based in Mbabane, Swaziland.
The declared goal of this long-term cooperation is the prevention of HIV/Aids transmission and the embankment of the negative social impact on the HIV/Aids crisis in Swaziland. The integrated HIV/Aids program began in 2003 and encompasses the following aspects: HIV prevention incl. counseling and testing (PMTCT, HTC), Antiretroviral treatment (ART), Home based care (HBC), Support to Aids affected people (orphans, food security), youth program,
• The Country Representative will plan the project activities in collaboration with the Baphalali Swaziland Red Cross Society (BSRCS) according to the MoU between SRC and BSRCS and its annexes. The plans will be approved by the SRC HQ, Berne. Thereafter the decision making authority will be with the Country Representative for pursuing the main duties according to the approved plans
• Supervise the integrated HIV/ AIDS program (activities and finance) according to program planning
• Liaise to the medical advisers of MoH in coordination with the BSRCS
• Assist the Head of clinics to motivate and retain the actual staff team
• Explore and evaluate further activities with regard to youth program
• Ensure realization of baseline study in schools
• Support BSRCS to evaluate possibilities to get financial support of third parties
• The Country Representative will advise SRC on relevant strategic issues, project procedures and threats or risks of the project implementation
• Responsible for use of project funds economically and objective-oriented.
Medical professional preferably with postgraduate education in Public Health or equivalent and a minimum of five years professional experience
Demonstrated experience in writing and developing project proposals
• Proven abilities in identifying and developing key relationships with stakeholders and actors
• Fluent communication in English, excellent negotiation skills
• Demonstrated experience in capacity building with focus on primary health care
• Analytical skills and ability to adapt to a changing health policy, strategy and structure
• High capacity of coordination and organization
• Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills, diplomacy, team spirit
• Demonstrated commitment to the principles of the RCRC Movement, previous Red Cross experience is an asset.
Duration of contract: 12 months with the option of extension, starting as soon as possible or according to agreement.
Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, candidate reviews will commence immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and will continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application without delay. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested, please address your application with CV and names of two referees (will be contacted only if candidate is shortlisted) to:
Swiss Red Cross, attn. Silvia Cataldo, Rainmattstrasse 10, 3001 Bern, Switzerland, or
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to