Program Development Specialist (PDS)
Last Date: September 10, 2011
Join a highly professional, innovative, international team that is committed to making a difference in the health of people around the globe.
Project HOPE, The People-to-People Health Foundation, is a US-based international non-profit organization offering a health services around the world for more than 50 years. Today, Project HOPE is recognized as one of the world’s leading organizations devoted to long-term solutions in health.
We have currently the following employment opportunity:
The Program Development Specialist (PDS) will participate in business development strategy; develop proposal storyboard following the strategic approach, coordinate with the proposal writers in the HOPE HQs., field offices, with subcontractors and consultants for timely completion of high quality technical proposal and write sections of the proposal. She/he will prepare proposal outline, edit the proposal and ensure that the technical proposals follow the strategic approach and the outline including page limit and is totally responsive to the procurement document. The PDS will work with the Cost Proposal Specialist to ensure that the budget is consistent with the technical proposal and the Program Coordinator to ensure that past performance reference and institutional capacity statements are relevant to the project. She/he will also conduct background research of the procurements and related issues and analyze the competition. The PDS will work with the Communication and Development Division to integrate Gifts in Kind (GIK) in the proposal development process and development and implementation of a communication strategy to promote HOPE’s technical competency. The PDS will take lead in networking with the health technology community and help infuse technological innovations into HOPE proposals.
1. As a member of the business development team, the Program Development Specialist will participate in business development strategy that will include selecting priority countries and positioning HOPE for particular bids. This will also include conducting life cycle analysis of current bilateral and central projects, in collaboration with the field offices and Global Health.
2. The PDS will develop storyboard for every proposal following the strategic approach and proposal outline including determining length of each section.
3. The PDS
will coordinate with all proposal writers, within Project HOPE (HQs and the
field offices), with the subcontractors and the consultants and ensure that the
proposals are completed on time and comply with the strategic approach and
4. Conduct background research of the project as well as technical issues and
5. Identify all program activities in the proposal that have budget implications
and work with the Cost Proposal Specialist to ensure that those are addressed.
6. Work with the Program Coordinator to ensure that the institutional capacity
and the past performance references are relevant to the project.
7. In order to integrate GIK with the Global Health program, the PDS will work with the GIK team to indentify appropriate GIK for every project proposal.
8. In order to market the technical expertise of Project HOPE, the PDS will work with the strategic communication team to develop and implement appropriate communication strategy and communication materials.
9. The PDS will take lead in networking with technology groups to explore possibility of infusion of technology in public health programs.
10. Perform any other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Business Development.
The candidate must have five years of experience in preparing proposals and must have a business degree, preferably an MBA and/or MPH. Preferred experience in the US government’s procurement process and regulations.
Please submit an online application via our website,
www.projecthope.org or email resume to
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to