Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Country Representative/Health and Nutrition Program Director
Project Concern International
Last Date: May 7, 2010
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
PCI is currently seeking a Country Representative/Health and Nutrition Program Director who will oversee the health and risk management objectives of a P.L. 480 Title II USAID multi-year assistance program (MYAP) in Bangladesh. The overall goal of the project is to reduce chronic food insecurity and vulnerability of individuals, households and communities in Bangladesh. Program objectives include increasing agricultural production and productivity reducing chronic malnutrition among children under five, and strengthening resiliency to shocks.
The Country Representative/Health and Nutrition Program Director will serve as the technical lead of the health/nutrition strategies aimed at preventing malnutrition in children under five, improving maternal and child health and nutrition, and promoting appropriate sanitation and hygiene, among other health interventions. The Director will also manage project staff, oversee budgets, and oversee reporting and functioning of monitoring and evaluation systems.
* Oversee technical and program implementation staff and subcontract recipients to ensure optimal programmatic quality and provide overall vision and leadership;
* Develop and implement the health and nutrition program strategies as part of an integrated overall program and in line with USAID and MoHSW guidelines;
* Assure financial controls (project budgeting, monitoring and reporting processes) and adhere to PCI and USAID budgetary guidelines;
* Coordinate with ACDI-VOCA, other project partners, and stakeholders;
* Fulfill all reporting obligations in a timely, quality manner to donors and implementing partners as required;
* Define the project management structure and communication mechanisms with partners; and
* Supervise personnel and recruit and hire new staff, as needed.
* Post-graduate degree (e.g. MPH, MSc)
* Minimum of 8 years of overseas experience in international development, including significant experience in maternal and child health and nutrition, preferably in Bangladesh.
* Excellent understanding and familiarity with US Government donor regulations
* Demonstrated abilities in NGO reporting, budgeting, procurement, and project management
* Project performance management, including monitoring and evaluation
* Capacity to develop and mentor a team of highly qualified professionals
* Ability to collaborate with people and organizations of diverse backgrounds
* Excellent facilitation, analytical and organizational skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
* Strong Excel and financial management abilities
Interested Parties: Email resume to email@example.com; use the word Bangladesh in the subject header. PCI is an equal opportunity employer.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to