Subscribe to our Free International Development Jobs Newsletter
Subscribe to daily
Post your jobs
Senior Advisor for Analysis - Demographic and Health Surveys
Location: Calverton, MD, USA
Health, Education & Social Programs
International Health and Development
About ICF International
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 3,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's Web site is www.icfi.com.
ICF Macro has an opening for a Fellow/Technical Director for a position as Senior Advisor for Analysis with the MEASURE Demographic and Health Surveys project. The Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) project assists developing countries to implement household-based surveys in the areas of maternal and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS, malaria, and nutrition. Currently, DHS employs some 60 staff consisting of demographers, sampling statisticians, data processing specialists, public health experts, data dissemination specialists, editors, and document production specialists. The position is based at Macro's headquarters in Calverton, Maryland.
• Serving as a member of the MEASURE DHS project's senior management team
• Directing the project's program of interdisciplinary research for which the annual output includes 5-10 cross-country studies, 15-25 working papers and publications in peer-reviewed journals
• Supervising the work of four full-time analysts and several part-time staff working in the project's analysis activities
• Overseeing the project's capacity building activities including workshops with fellows and host-country counterparts
• Representing the project at conferences and technical meetings
• Ph.D in demography, epidemiology, international health, or similar discipline with 10 years of experience in social science or health research
• Demonstrated skills in the analysis of international survey data, including the DHS
• Experience in policy and program-relevant research and communicating research findings to non-technical audiences
• Prior background in training and mentoring, especially in host-country settings
• Extensive publication record, preferably in peer-refereed journals
• Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic, in addition to English, is desirable
This is a full-time position requiring up to 20% overseas travel.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
Please send your resume and salary requirements to
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to