Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Last Date: May 30, 2011
GREENPEACE AFRICA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Greenpeace, acknowledged globally as a pioneer of international environmental activism, drives positive change through action by investigating, exposing and confronting environmental abuse around the world. It champions responsible and socially just solutions, including scientific and technical innovation. Its goal is to ensure the ability of the earth to nurture life in all its diversity.
Greenpeace Africa seeks an African National with an unshakeable commitment to its core values. The Executive Director will lead Greenpeace Africa at the forefront of environmentalism to enhance its position as an active catalyst for positive responses to global environmental threats. This position is accountable to the Board of Greenpeace Africa.
• Develop and execute the strategic vision for Greenpeace Africa, working cooperatively with and bringing an African perspective to deliberations of Greenpeace globally.
• Provide strong program, financial, human resource and administrative oversight
• Oversee operations in South Africa, Democratic Republic of Congo and Senegal
• Develop strategic relationships with leaders of other Non-Governmental Organizations and Civil Society Organizations, multilateral bodies, governments and industries throughout the African continent who share a commitment to similar goals as Greenpeace
• Drive campaigns and fund raising initiatives
• Act as spokesperson for Greenpeace Africa as required
Experience and Qualifications:
• A successful track record of inspirational leadership at a senior level within a complex International organisation (pref. NGO, activist, human rights or aid organisation)
• A deep understanding of African and global politics and the ability to influence those in positions of commercial and political power.
• Experience in developing strategic plans and long term financial and business policies
• Substantial knowledge of campaigning and advocacy, and a strategic understanding of how to generate change.
• A tertiary degree (masters level or above)
• Strong communication skills in English and French essential
Please send a CV and motivational letter in Word format with your name in the document names to
email@example.com by 30 May 2011.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to