Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Chief of Party, Afghanistan
Last Date: October 21, 2010
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Job/Position Advertisement for: Chief of Party, Afghanistan
Established in 1971, Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. We assist governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
The COMPRI-A Project is a USAID-funded project designed to expand Afghan families’ access to quality health products and services by strengthening private sector capacity through a comprehensive and integrated social marketing program. This project has eight (8) components: a) social and behaviour change communication; b) research, monitoring and evaluation; c) product marketing, sales and distribution; d) policy; e) training; f) public/private partnership key approaches and training; g) local partnerships; and, h) cooperation with the Ministry of Public Health and other donor-supported health programs.
The COP will provide overall leadership to the social marketing project and should have demonstrated capabilities in management, institutional capacity building, high-level strategic visioning and leadership, and experience in working effectively with the private sector. Prior experience in senior level management of field programs is absolutely required. Demonstrated experience is required in coordination and collaboration with a broad set of stakeholders, including multi-lateral and international donors and local and international NGOs. The COP must have a background and experience in one or more of the technical areas of the program including family planning, maternal/child health and ideally infectious diseases and experience or familiarity in the management of an integrated, comprehensive commercial social marketing and private health sector engagement approach to solving key public health issues. Also the COP should have strong experience in supporting the development and capacity building of local Afghan NGO strategic partners and suppliers in order to help move these subcontractors further along in their abilities to assume greater roles within the overall project scope of work.
Qualifications, Skills and Capabilities
• Advanced degree in public health, general management or a relevant field.
• Minimum of 10 years working on or managing integrated comprehensive social marketing programs including social and behavior change communication, product marketing, sales and distribution, public private sector partnerships and/or policy development.
• Minimum of five years managing and providing strategic and technical leadership as either a Chief of Party or similar senior level position on field programs.
• Experience in coordination and collaboration of stakeholders in multi-lateral and international donors and local and international NGOs.
• Experience in institutional capacity building and working with the private health sector and professional associations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of working in Afghanistan preferred.
To respond to this position, please email your resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line of your email. Thank you!
For more information on our company, please review our website:
Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to