Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Friends of the Earth Europe
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Last Date: June 26, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Friends of the Earth Europe (FoEE) is seeking a
full time and working in the FoEE office in Brussels
Friends of the Earth Europe campaigns for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. It unites 30 national organisations with thousands of local groups and is part of the world’s largest grassroots environmental network, Friends of the Earth International. Please see
www.foeeurope.org for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a green NGO working at the European level in Brussels. You will be working in a highly respected campaigning organisation, as part of a vibrant European network.
Purpose of the role:
Develop and implement FoEE fundraising program designed to maximize FoEE’s income in line with its strategic aims, researching and pursuing funding opportunities with a broad range of funders including the European Union, charitable trusts and foundations, government institutions and other donors.
- Plan and conduct full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals, including mission critical EU core funding grant application;
- Identify potential new funders in line with FoEE’s strategic needs and in consultation with the Management Team;
- Conduct donor research, monitor relevant trends and evaluate the funding potential across the network;
- Maintain and share a comprehensive overview of current funders and funding opportunities;
- Monitor and report on the outcomes of all funding proposals, including funder’s feedback;
- Support fundraising-related work carried out by the staff team and national member organisations, i.e. by identifying those who can offer support or cooperating with Programme Coordinators to enhance the overall fundraising capacity of the network;
- Assist colleagues to develop fundraising skills, especially in writing successful funding applications;
- Set up and manage reporting processes with finance and programmes, ensuring timely delivery of high quality reports and meeting reporting obligations;
- Maintain comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date fundraising guidelines and support colleagues to implement them effectively;
- Prepare income forecasts for FoEE campaigns and activities;
- Work with the Finance team to update programme/project budgets and the annual budget, plans and financial forecasts;
- Work with the Communications team to prepare the organization’s annual review;
- Maintain relevant electronic and paper records including grant tracking and reporting with a view of developing a comprehensive history of FoEE’s relationship with its various funders;
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- At least three years fundraising experience with the European Union, private donors and governmental institutions;
- Ability to identify funders who provide a good strategic match to FoEE’s aims and values;
- Ability to present FoEE activities and work programme in creative and attractive ways;
- Familiarity with EU structures and funding procedures;
- Proven success in meeting or exceeding targets;
- Good comprehension of campaigning;
- Solid knowledge of PCM, logframe and other project design frameworks;
- Thorough knowledge of current funding trends for environmental work;
- Budgetary and financial planning skills;
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communications skills;
- Proven organisational skills in setting up and managing processes;
- Networking, communication and negotiation skills;
- Self motivating, able to work in a team and independently;
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workloads;
- Innovative and creative, with ability to develop and implement new ideas;
- Excellent written and spoken English, other European languages an asset;
- Strong commitment to the values, vision and mission of Friends of the Earth Europe.
The position requires occasional evening and weekend work
Salary between Euro 2.700 – 3.500 gross, depending on experience, plus benefits (13th month, luncheon vouchers, pension scheme, hospitalization insurance). Conditions are according to Belgian legislation including the legal ability to live and work in Belgium.
FoEE offers a highly motivating working environment in an international NGO and office located in an environmentally friendly NGO building.
If you feel you meet our criteria, and are inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position, please send us a motivation letter with a CV and contact details for two references to
firstname.lastname@example.org by June 26th 2011 end of the day.
The recruitment process will consist of two steps: a written test that will help selecting candidates for an interview. Only candidates selected for the test and interviews will be contacted – thank you for your understanding.
Tests will be conducted on 30th June and 1 July. Interviews will be taking place on 13th and 14th of July 2011 in Brussels.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to