Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Human Resource Management Advisor
Fresh Produce Development Agency
Location: Goroka, Eastern Highlands Province, PNG
Last Date: March 24, 2011
NZAID INSTITUTIONAL STRENGTHENING PROJECT (ISP)
Position: Human Resource Management Advisor
About Fresh Produce Development Agency (FPDA)
The Fresh Produce Development Agency is a non profit organization funded by Papua New Guinea Government and major international donor agencies and its head office is based in Goroka, Eastern Highlands Province. The organizations’ purpose is to improve efficiency and productivity of both female and male farmers as well as others in the fresh produce value chain and ensure of a commercially and economically viable horticulture industry in PNG. The purpose will be achieved through focusing on the six major objectives; (i) improved and sustainable productivity along the value chain; (ii) competitive scale of production and supply; (iii) vibrant, effective and efficient marketing systems; (iv) effective information management, communication and outreach; (v)Enabling legal and policy environment influenced; (vi) Enhanced capacity of FPDA and other horticulture industry institutions.
About Institutional Strengthening Project (ISP)
Since October 2007 the New Zealand Agency for International Development (NZAID) has been assisting the Fresh Produce Development Agency (FPDA) to implement its current and future objectives. During this period NZAID to FPDA has been carried out by UniQuest Pty Ltd in the form of an Institutional Strengthening Project (ISP) which provides technical assistance and capacity building to FPDA staff with a specific focus on: (i) Strengthening FPDA’s management performance; (ii) Strengthening FPDA’s governance structure; (iii) Strengthening FPDA’s service delivery to the PNG fruit and vegetable industry.
The first phase of ISP was concluded on the 30th December 2010 and the project is currently in the transition phase, which commenced on the first January 2011 and is set to conclude on the 31st July 2011. The major focus of the transition phase is supporting relevant FPDA staff to develop project management and coordination skills so that FPDA itself can manage the second phase of the ISP project which is set to commence on the 1st August 2011.
What you will do
We are seeking a well experienced and competent person to work closely with the Human Resource Manager of FPDA to:
• Further build HR Management capacity in FPDA.
• Refine, strengthen and manage the current FPDA performance appraisal system.
• Prepare job descriptions for senior level management positions in the new structure.
• Make further improvements to the FPDA salary systems.
• Support FPDA in HR aspects of FPDA 2012 planning activities.
• Support FPDA to develop relevant HR tools and templates for management of the second phase of the ISP.
To be successful, the Human Resource Management Advisor will have demonstrated experience in:
• Human Resource Management, particularly in policy and systems development.
• Mainstreaming gender equity in HRM practices.
• More than 5 years Development of Human Resource Management systems in developing countries (PNG experience desirable).
• Capacity building and working with counterparts.
• Strong report writing and written English skills.
Timing and duration on the Advisory role
The transition period started in January 2011 and ends in July 2011. The proposed number of inputs during the transition period is 2 with 32 maximum field days and 5 home days. 19 field days and 5 home days is allocated for the first input and 13 days for the second input. The recommended day of commencement is 4th of April 2011.
How to apply.
To apply for this position with the NZAID/FPDA Institutional Strengthening Project (ISP) you will be required to submit the following to Mr. John Pono on
firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business
Thursday 24th of March 2011.
1. Write a response to each bullet point under the Selection Criteria (max of 2 page total).
2. Prepare a CV highlighting your relevant skills and knowledge and other relevant information to support your interest.
If you require further information please contact Mr. John Pono on the above email address.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to