Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA)
Location: Accra, Ghana
Last Date: August 31, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa
MONITORING & EVALUATION SPECIALIST - Ref: FARA/Adv/ME/11
The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) is the apex organization for agricultural research for development in Africa and the AUC/NEPAD mandated institution to lead implementation of Pillar IV of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP) focusing on generation, dissemination and adoption of agricultural innovations. Harnessing the development and poverty-reducing potential of CAADP depends crucially on the effectiveness, efficiency and relevance of agricultural research institutions and services in addressing the challenges facing African agriculture.
The mission of FARA is to create broad-based improvements in agricultural productivity, competitiveness and markets by supporting Africa's sub-regional organizations in strengthening the capacity of the NARS for agricultural innovation. FARA delivers on its mandate through four mutually-reinforcing Networking Support Functions (NSFs) concerned with advocacy and policy analysis (NSF1/3); Access to Knowledge & Technologies (NSF2); capacity strengthening (NSF4); and development of partnerships and strategic alliances (NSF5). The NSFs mobilize and support FARA's constituents and partners (Sub-regional organisations and organisations of the National Agricultural Research Systems) to undertake activities that generate continental spillovers and public goods.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Unit tracks and reports FARAˇ¦s progress towards and achievement of results. FARA is seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist who will be directly responsible to the Deputy Executive Director and shall be responsible for the following tasks, amongst others:
* Developing and implementing M&E systems for the FARA Secretariat and its regional programs/projects.
* Developing with partners an M&E system for tracking and evaluating compliance with the Framework for African Agricultural Productivity (FAAP).
* Working closely with NSF Directors and Project Leaders to ensure that each regional program strategy has a practical and appropriate monitoring and evaluation system that can be implemented by all concerned partners and/or stakeholders.
* Serving as liaison between the FARA Secretariat and M&E counterparts in partner organizations to assure coherence of data collection and reporting requirements.
* Contributing to Secretariat teams responsible for developing strategic and operational plans.
* Working with the Deputy Executive Director, senior management, SROs and NARS to facilitate evidence-based discussions on progress being made against strategic milestones and to derive lessons aimed at improving strategies and implementation.
* Assisting management to select, contract, monitor, guide and assess externally contracted M&E teams as required by the FARA Secretariat NSF senior managers.
* Working with program staff, grantees and other external partners to facilitate the flow of information, evaluations and learning for increased impact.
PhD or a Masters degree in agriculture, natural resource management, economics or related fields; s/he should have training and experience in monitoring and evaluation as input for technical direction, strategic leadership, and quality management. S/he must demonstrate a sound knowledge of agricultural development in Africa. In addition to English, knowledge of Arabic, French or Portuguese would be an asset. A Minimum of five (5) years working experience in monitoring and evaluation of research or development programmes and projects. Significant exposure to or experience working in African agriculture would be a plus.
This is an internationally recruited position and FARA offers competitive international terms of employment. The contract will be initially for a period of twenty four (24) months with the possibility of renewal. The successful candidate will be based at the FARA Secretariat in Accra, Ghana.
Please send (preferably via e-mail) comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with the names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers of three referees to:
Dr. Monty P. Jones, Executive Director, FARA, PMB CT 173, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana; Fax: +233 302 773676, Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be accepted up to 31st August 2011.
For more information about FARA please visit:
www.fara-africa.org . FARA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women.
Please use the reference code indicated above as your subject for when sending the emails and application letter.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to