Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Procurement and Contract Management Specialist/Trainer (International)
Location: Kabul, with possible travel to Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad, Kunduz and other regions
Last Date: February 10, 2011
TERMS OF REFERENCE
PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST/TRAINER (INTERNATIONAL)
Under the general supervision of FAO Representative in Afghanistan, direct supervision of the CTE/T, technical supervision of the LTU (NRLW), in close cooperation with the counterpart MEW authorities/staff, other FAO project staff, the candidate will be responsible for all project related procurement/bidding services to be provided with in the framework of the
"Emergency Rehabilitation of Irrigation Project, UTF/AFG/035/AFG" funded through a World Bank credit. Specifically, the candidate will have following responsibilities:
* collaborate with other project technical officers (international and national staff and consultants) and have regular consultations with them in order to ensure coherent documentation, planning procedures and expected deliverables for the technical work of the project;
* negotiate with consulting firms on the implementation of activities under the project components;
* report on project matters to the WB and MEW as necessary;
* review FMRs, FBAs, budget revisions and smoothness of disbursements on behalf of the CTE/TL;
* provide day-to-day active technical support and advice to the PCU as related to procurement, contract management and their administration;
* use World Bank procurement guidelines to monitor and verify all type of project related procurement of irrigation rehabilitation contract works, goods and supplies excluding purchase from the budget provided in Appendix VII of this agreement on which FAO rules and regulations apply;
* review, check, and monitor procurement circles and establish check list(s) of the process and timing in the Ministry and Institutions;
* assist the CTE/TL in the preparation of monthly and quarterly progress reports for the PCU, including comparison between planned and actual progress in physical and financial terms and identification of delays and recommendations for remedial actions. Additional programs will be utilized by the Consultant to be able to do a fair comparison between planned and actual progress in physical and financial terms and identification of delays and recommendations for remedial actions. Some of these programs are: Trend Program, Forecasting;
* monitor progress of contracts implementation to ensure that it abides by the stipulated standards, procedures and planned procurement timetable (Items: Project Schedule, Project Budget, Technical Procedure, Contract Management);
* prepare specific procurement documents, i.e. Tender Documents, Terms of Reference and Request for Proposals for New Projects as required by the Ministry;
* participate in the evaluation for pre-qualification of the contractors, expression of interest for short listing, tenders and proposal and in preparing the corresponding report;
* prepare Procurement Plans and Monitoring Plans for the Project in order to expedite project implementation;
* apart from scientific, technical and management experiences, the Procurement Specialist/Trainer also will be required to transfer scientific, management and technical knowledge and skills to the national Afghan staff through mentoring;
* provide assistance to the Client in the procurement and acquisition of the vehicles and equipment according to the provisions of procurement in the Development funds Agreement for the Project;
* perform the aforesaid tasks for the Emergency Irrigation Rehabilitation Project (EIRP) and the Irrigation Restoration and Development (IRD) Project as they overlap until the closing date of EIRP;
* prepare technical reports as may be required or requested and prepare an end-of-assignment report;
* assist FAO and MEW in the preparations of any new plans or activities;
* perform any other duties as requested by FAO.
Qualifications: Procurement Specialist with B.Sc. Engineering or relevant academic qualification, with five years of experience in implementing procurement for technical cooperation projects. Extensive knowledge of World
Bank's procurement procedures and guidelines including civil works, consultancy and supply services. Knowledge in FAO procurements will be an advantage.
Quality of communication (both oral and written) skills, and interpersonal skills;
Working knowledge of English
Duration: Feb to March 2011 with possibility of extension to December 2011
Duty Station: Kabul, with possible travel to Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad, Kunduz and other regions.
Candidatures: Please provide a completed FAO Personal History Form, found on the Internet at:
http://www.fao.org/VA/adm11e.dot to the following e-mail account:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to