Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Senior Investment Officer
Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN (FAO)
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Last Date: December 10, 2010
Email: VA-2480-SEU@fao.org (Reference:
PROFESSIONAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO: 2480-SEU
Issued on: 11 November 2010
Deadline For Application: 10 December 2010
POSITION TITLE: Senior Investment Officer
GRADE LEVEL: P-5
DUTY STATION: Budapest, Hungary
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Subregional Office for Central and Eastern
DURATION: Fixed Term: 3 years
POST CODE/NO: C/Unidentified
CCOG CODE: 1E02
Applications from qualified women as well as from qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Subregional Coordinator for Central and Eastern Europe and the functional guidance of the Director, Investment Centre Division (TCI), in close collaboration with other members of the Multidisciplinary Team, be responsible for the analysis, formulation and supervision/evaluation of investments in agricultural and rural development, and natural resources management for national and external financing, and for delivering capacity building to national governments for investment planning and design in the aforementioned fields.
▪ lead the review and development of agricultural and natural resource sector policies and the formulation of national programmes for food security, agricultural and rural development, and sustainable natural resource management;
▪ advise governments in the preparation of agricultural and rural sector/sub-sector strategies and in the identification of appropriate development policies as a basis for dialogue between governments and financing institutions or donors;
▪ lead and participate in teams to assist governments in the identification and preparation of investment projects/programmes in the fields of agriculture, fisheries, forestry, rural development and natural resources management, and participate in the pre-appraisal and appraisal missions led by international financing institutions
▪ lead and participate in teams for project supervision and preparation of project completion reports for investment operations (projects, programmes and direct budget support);
▪ prepare clear and concise reports following requirements of the World Bank and other international financing institutions;
▪ advise the Subregional Coordinator in organizing field missions; advise on the selection of consultants for short- and medium-term technical assistance projects, prepare terms of reference and supervise their work;
▪ formulate and deliver capacity building programmes aimed at strengthening national investment planning and implementation capacity;
▪ promote increased impact of FAO technical assistance to member countries;
▪ perform other related duties as required.
Applicants who have applied to vacancy announcement 2452-SEU need not re-apply
Candidates should meet the following:
▪ Advanced university degree in economics, agricultural economics, or a closely related field
▪ Ten years of relevant experience in the formulation of agricultural investment programmes and projects, in addressing sector/sub-sector and rural development policy issues, and in delivering capacity building in investment programme planning including experience in developing countries and/or countries in transition
▪ Working knowledge of English
Candidates will be assessed against the following:
▪ Extent and relevance of experience in leading multidisciplinary teams for agriculture and rural development investment project formulation, for international financing institutions and other agencies, in countries of the subregion or other developing countries and countries in transition
▪ Extent and relevance of experience in agriculture sector or sub-sector reviews and programme evaluation
▪ Knowledge of capacity building techniques in the field of investment planning for agriculture and rural development
▪ Ability to work effectively in and lead multidisciplinary teams
▪ Ability to plan, and conduct investment formulation tasks and capacity building exercises
▪ Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
▪ Knowledge of Russian and/or any other languages spoken in the subregion is an asset
Please note that all candidates should possess computer/word processing skills and should be capable of working with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
* The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the
extension of appointments
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the
following link: http://icsc.un.org/
TO APPLY: Carefully read and follow the Guidelines to applicants
Send your application to:
Subregional Representative for Central and Eastern Europe
FAO Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia – Benczur utca 34, 1068 Budapest
Fax No: +36 1 3517029
Please note that FAO staff members are international civil servants subject to the authority of the Director-General and may be assigned to any activities or office of the organization.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to