Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Green Building Specialist
Ecology and Environment, Inc.
Last Date: July 23, 2011
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an international environmental consulting firm whose underlying philosophy is its worldwide commitment to supporting sustainable development through responsible environmental stewardship. We are seeking a Green Building Specialist for our international operations. Our successful candidate will be fluent in English and in French and will work with our teams to implement sustainable approaches to buildings, communities, neighborhoods, cities and academic institutions. Long and short term assignments are possible in Africa, Middle East and Asia. Projects include planning of new buildings, new urban developments, and greening of existing facilities to meet corporate, government and international sustainability guidelines.
Initial assignment will be in Morocco. Responsibilities include:
· Project and client management
· Supporting LEED/green real estate, urban development and building projects
· Working with inter-disciplinary teams to implement sustainable approaches to infrastructure, buildings and the environment
· Technical project support and application of urban planning, environmental engineering, architecture, and/or landscape architecture methods in new construction
· Understanding of construction management processes
· Developing and implementing programs that create a cultural shift towards conservation
· BS/MS in Architecture, Planning, Engineering or related discipline
· 5+ years of experience in urban development, green building, and construction including practical experience in an architecture and/or engineering firm with practices in urban development
· Fluency in English and French required; technical Arabic a plus
· Knowledge and experience with LEED, BREEAM, HQE or Green Globe standards and methods
· Ability to engage in detailed technical discussions on urban development, civil engineering, architecture and landscape architecture issues
· Understanding of infrastructure engineering
· Experience developing and implementing green building programs to address significant environmental aspects for buildings such as energy, water, and waste management, resource conservation, sustainable materials selection, etc.
· Working familiarity with the requirements for achieving LEED (ND, EB, NC, CI) and ISO-14001 Environmental Management Systems certifications preferred
· Technical experience with the following tools/methods/standards preferred:
· ASHRAE Level 1 and 2 energy audits
· Building energy modeling and BIM
· ASHRAE 55, 62.1, and 90.1 standards
· Excellent self-leadership, interpersonal communication skills, and cultural sensitivity with the ability to effectively and tactfully interact with individuals
· Demonstrated ability with client relationship management and consultation
· Ability to work internationally for a minimum of one year, initially in Morocco
· Willing to travel to support business needs
Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line for:
Position Title: Green Building Specialist / Location: International.
Resumes must be submitted in English. Join our team and make a difference! Ecology and Environment, Inc is an EEO/AA employer. M/F/V/D
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to