Expression of Interest (EOI) for Learning Sites under The Global Fund Round-9 India HIV-IDU grant
Emmanuel Hospital Association (EHA)
Location: 5 Districts and 8 States
Last Date: April 26, 2011
Email: ehaGF9@gmail.com (Reference:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Emmanuel Hospital Association (EHA) invites Expression
of Interest (EOI) from NACO/SACS supported NGO’s who manage Targeted
Intervention (TI) sites and work with Injecting Drug Users (IDUs) for
contracting as Learning Sites under The Global Fund to fight Aids,
Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) Round-9 India HIV-IDU Grant.
THE GLOBAL FUND
is a unique, public-private partnership and international financing
institution dedicated to attracting and disbursing additional resources
to prevent and treat
HIV and AIDS,
This partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector
and affected communities represents an innovative approach to
international health financing. The Global Fund’s model is based on the
concepts of country ownership and performance-based funding, which means
that people in countries implement their own programs based on their
priorities and the Global Fund provides financing on the condition that
verifiable results are achieved.
The EMMANUEL HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION (EHA) is the
PRINCIPAL RECIPIENT (PR) for the IDU component of the GFATM Rd-9 HIV
Grant. Following PR assessment the GFATM signed a grant agreement with
EHA and the project rolled out on 01-October-2010 with assured funding
during the Phase-1 of the project life.
directions of the Project Advisory Body of the GFATM Rd-9 India HIV-IDU
grant a restricted call of EOI is being sought from the IDU TIs from
only the following Districts / States:
Aizwal, Delhi, Dimapur, Imphal and Kolkata.
Assam, Bihar, Haryana, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamilnadu,
and Uttar Pradesh.
is to strengthen the capacity, reach & quality of the HARM REDUCTION
services for the Injecting Drugs Users.
1) Learning Sites will be training and demonstration
centres for model Harm Reduction in IDUs.
2) Each Learning Site will be responsible for training
about 400 Peer Educators (PEs) by 30-Sep-2012.
3) Each Learning Site will provide Supportive Supervision
for 30 other Harm Reduction sites located within the specified area of
each Learning Site.
4) Each Learning Site with support from Regional Technical
Training Centres (specified Government Medical Colleges) will ensure
implementation of Quality Assurance (QA) protocols at the 30 Harm
Reduction sites where they are assigned to provide Supportive
5) Each Learning Site will provide reintegration services
for about 500 OST clients by 30-Sep-2012.
6) Each Learning Site will provide focused outreach
services for IDU’s (especially FIDUs) and their sexual partners.
1. The NGO/TIs should be involved with IDU program and
enlisted by their respective SACS.
2. The NGO/TIs should have at least three (3) years
experience in implementing programs for IDUs.
3. The NGO/TIs should be providing at least three IDU
related Harm Reduction services as per NACO guidelines.
4. The NGO/TIs should have proven track record regarding
administration, finance, community outreach services and possess basic
infrastructure to serve as training/demonstration centre.
5. The NGO/TIs should NOT be a current
Learning Site for any other Organization/Donor/Agency.
1. NGO/TIs currently providing OST services.
2. NGO/TIs who have over 50% of their Outreach Workers
from the community.
3. NGO/TIs with a existing good network of IDUs.
4. NGO/TIs who possess
biomedical waste disposal practices.
– Interested NGO/TI may kindly express interest and submit the following
in no more than three (3) A4 size pages before 5.00
pm on 26-April-2011:
1. Applicant organization profile: (a) Name of the
organization (b) Postal address (c) Contact person (d) Office telephone
numbers (e) Fax (f) Mobile number of the contact person (g) Email IDs (h)
Website if any
2. Organization experience with total number of projects
executed, projects executed related to HIV, projects with specific focus
to IDU and harm reduction services
3. Projects under execution during calendar year 2011,
approximate value of projects under execution during calendar year 2011,
currently available harm reduction services to community with operational
location (geographical) details.
4. Please mention about fulfillment of statutory
requirements such as Society Registration, FCRA (NOT mandatory), Section
80G of IT Act (NOT mandatory), last 3 yrs audited accounts etc.
Kindly mention in the Subject line of the email:
“EOI for Learning Site in ________ District / State”.
The decision of the Emmanuel Hospital Association shall be
final, and no enquiries, or application for review, shall be entertained.
The EHA reserves the right to cancel the call for restricted EOI without
assigning any reason.