Regional Humanitarian Officer
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: June 18, 2010
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
International Development and Relief NGO is seeking staff for the Regional Office in Delhi
Regional Humanitarian Officer
The Regional Humanitarian Officer is responsible for humanitarian response of DCA South Asia undertaken with partner organisations in India, Nepal and Bangladesh. S/he will be primarily responsible to collect and disseminate information on disasters unfolding in the region, develop and coordinate DCA’s humanitarian response initiatives, raise funds and ensure quality implementation, innovation, reporting and documentation. This position is open for candidates of INDIAN or NEPALI origin. Women are encouraged to apply.
• Work together with DCA team to develop capacities of partner organisations to respond in an effective, relevant and accountable manner to disasters in the region of South Asia.
• Network with civil society, INGOs, NGOs, UN agencies and government institutions
• Contribute to organisational learning from humanitarian response with DCA at global level
• Contribute to overall development of the DCA South Asia and contribute to mainstreaming of humanitarian response issues in all programmes
Professional Qualifications Needed
• Educational background / postgraduate degree in social sciences or related field
• Minimum ten years working experience in development and relief work of which at least 5 years in managing humanitarian response in an INGO. Solid field experience from disaster response in rural districts in South Asia is a huge advantage
• Experience in advocacy related to humanitarian aid
• Working experience of managing ECHO/EU funded projects
The Regional Relief Officer must have following professional skills: Strong in analysis and negotiation, ability and willingness to work in a team, strong interpersonal communication skills and excellent English writing and reporting skills.
The following personal qualifications are essential: commitment to inclusion of the poor and deprived communities in all humanitarian aid, ability & willingness to work with people of different backgrounds. S/he must contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect and trust and have the ability to cope with stress and work under difficult circumstances. Finally the candidate must have a strong personal commitment to social equity and equal opportunities of women and men.
Additional qualifications: EDP/IT skills at an advanced user level, fluency in oral and written English and Hindi and communication skills in Bangla is a pre-requisite and in Nepali would be an added advantage driving licence and good physical condition are of great advantage.
DCA strives to have a composition of staff that reflects the diversity of the region. Candidates should send their applications to
Deadline for applications is 18.06.2010, 05:00 PM. Candidates will be invited for an interview on 29th / 30th June in Delhi. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DanChurchAid is a Danish faith-based organisation working on humanitarian emergency response; rights based development; information and advocacy in partnership with secular and faith-based organisations. DCA is committed to promoting equal opportunities for women and men from different caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds and encourages women and men candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for all our positions. For further details about DCA visit our website