DanChurchAid South Asia
Last Date: February 1, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
International Development and Humanitarian Aid NGO is seeking new staff member of Indian nationality based in Kerela.
DanChurchAid South Asia is looking for a Project Coordinator who will ensure quality and timely implementation of the DCA’s project - “Enhancing protection of Indian migrant workers in the Gulf countries” with EU support especially with regards to quality interventions, procurement procedures, financial management and reporting. The Project Coordinator of DCA’s implementing partner is responsible for the EU project coordination, support, advice partner to achieve optimal implementation of activities in line with EU standards together with the DCA Regional Programme Officer, Regional Finance Officer, Funding Officer, Finance and Procurement Officer. The Project Coordinator will be deputed in New Delhi office of DCA for initial 2-3 months and based in Kerela thereafter. He/She will work closely with the partner organizations, who are responsible for implementation of the project.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for
§ developing a suitable quality monitoring plan and system together with the partner organisation in cooperation with DCA Regional Programme Officer
§ being part of regular monitoring field visits with implementing partner conducting assessments of training needs of partner team, organizing capacity building and ensuring follow up
§ ensuring quarterly review meetings with partners on project
§ organising visits and providing logistic support for delegations from EU, DCA and DCA visitors
§ anchoring, supporting and providing feed back on studies/ manuals etc in relation to project by DCA and partners
§ drafting visibility plan for project in close cooperation with DCA Regional Office
§ sharing field monitoring reports ( key points) along with general monthly activity report to communication lines in Regional Office in the first week of every month
§ ensuring that all quarterly reports are submitted timely so trenches of money can be released. These quarterly report are very brief project progress reports (key highlights) to accompany the quarterly financial statement, which partners have agreed to submit.
§ drafting reports to be submitted to EU
§ tracking budgets, utilizations, exchange gains/losses etc
§ ensuring coherence between audits and programme reports as guided and supported by DCA RO financial management team
§ supporting, initiating and participating in national, subregional and international advocacy work on rights of migrants
§ supporting partners work on advocacy and lobby work at national level as per project objectives with government/stakeholders
• Solid understanding of and experience in working with rights issues, advocacy and mobilisation of the rural and urban poor.
• Knowledge of the external program and policy environment relating to development issues both nationally and internationally
• Good understanding of migrants rights/ labour rights is a distinct advantage.
• Solid knowledge of and experience in Development Work from Rights Based Approach with strong Gender sensitive perspective and a general approach that promotes justice and equality.
• Solid experience in working with back-donor funded projects from a management position. S/he must have excellent skills in providing support for organisational development, strategic planning, budgeting, project monitoring and evaluation, facilitation, problem analysis and solution finding as well as report writing for EU. The Project Coordinator will be participating in regular monitoring field visits together with implementing partners.
• Understanding of policy research methods and approaches, including strategies for effectively communicating research results and linking research to policy
• Experience of working with a range of partners and government with ability to provide technical assistance, capacity building and training support to partners on analysis, implementation, advocacy, M&E skills, methodologies and tools
• High level of analytical, conceptual and strategic planning skills, with substantial work with NGOs
• Strong analytical, facilitation, communication and writing skills as well as fluency in written and spoken English. The candidate must have excellent English report writing skills.
• Strong liaison and communication skills, especially in relation with government.
Qualification and Experience Required:
• A post graduate in political or social science or other related humanitarian response field from a recognised establishment.
• Minimum 7 years of field based experience in project cycle management including planning, monitoring and reporting and budgeting/financial management.
• 3 years of experience of working with an INGO managing back-donor funded projects. Experience in EU funded projects is desirable.
• Experience in working with partnership approach including capacity building of partner organizations and community.
The candidate must have personal commitment to social equity and equal rights. DCA Regional Office needs people with high level of commitment to work, excellent interpersonal communication skills and a good sense of humour. Willingness and ability to travel and be flexible is essential.
DCA South Asia strives to have a composition of staff that reflects the diversity of the country and strongly urges qualified women and men of diverse background to apply for the vacant position.
Candidates should send their applications to email@example.com
latest by February 1, 2011. Candidates will be invited for an interview on February 11-12, 2011. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DanChurchAid is an independent Danish faith-based organisation working on humanitarian; rights based development; emergency response, information and advocacy in partnership with national faith and rights based organisations. DCA is committed to promoting equal opportunities for women and men from different caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for all our positions.
For information about DCA please visit www.danchurchaid.org