Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Chief of Party
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Last Date: February 4, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Chief of Party
DAI seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Climate Change Adaptation project on the Mekong River Basin, covering communities in Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. The project aims to strengthen human and institutional capacity to develop and implement climate change adaptation plans and strategies; strengthen policies, tools, methodologies, and practices for ecosystem services valuation and climate resiliency; demonstrate and scale-up model actions for integrated approaches to climate change adaptation, and sustain regional learning networks to share and replicate best practices. This is a five year project to be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
*This position is for submission in an upcoming proposal and is contingent upon successful award of funding.
Responsibilities: The Chief of Party will provide overall technical leadership and supervisory management; serve as the primary liaison with USAID; ensure coordination between numerous stakeholders and participants; provide project compliance oversight and quality assurance for all activities including budgeting, and monitoring and evaluation; supervise staff and oversee the project’s monitoring and evaluation system.
• U.S Citizenship required
• Advanced degree in technical area related to agriculture, environment, climate change, natural resources management, or related field required (Ph. D preferred)
• Exceptional managerial and operational experience managing complex, multi-national/regional activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions in developing countries.
• Subject matter expertise in global climate change, climate change adaptation, water and natural resource systems, agriculture, as well as understanding of policy, economics and market issues in those sectors preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing natural resource, agricultural and/or climate change related programs
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing USAID funded projects
• Supervisory and management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff; senior-level supervisory experience on USAID-funded programs preferred.
• Proven experience working effectively with multiple stakeholders including USAID, host government officials, multilateral and donor organizations, and local implementing partners.
• Experience managing field programs Southeast Asia and knowledge of regional language desired
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills in English.
Please send your CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chief of Party” in the subject line by February 4, 2011. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to