Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Chief Development Officer
The International Crisis Group
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Last Date: June 27, 2011
Position: Chief Development Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Member of: Senior Management Team
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: 110,000 Euros plus benefits, commensurate with experience
About The International Crisis Group
The International Crisis Group (Crisis Group,
http://www.crisisgroup.org/ ) is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organisation, with some 140 staff members on five continents, working through field-based analysis and high-level advocacy to prevent and resolve deadly conflict.
Purpose of the Role:
As Crisis Group enters an exciting new phase in its strategic development, we are currently looking for a highly motivated and capable senior fundraiser as its Chief Development Officer.
Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Development Officer will lead the strategic direction and management of all fundraising efforts worldwide, with a particular focus on income generation from governments, institutional and family foundations, individuals and corporations. The incumbent will also serve as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT). S/he will also be responsible for the annual Global Briefing event each fall. The Global Briefing is a private conference led by Crisis Group's senior staff and Board members and attended by mid and high-level policymakers, civil society and corporate representatives. The position will be based at Crisis Group’s headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
• Provide leadership, vision and direction to the fundraising efforts of the organisation in order to diversify and deepen donor support;
• Offer excellent relationship management with existing donors and cultivation of prospective donors to ensure sustainable annual revenues, adequate operating reserves, and a strengthened endowment fund;
• Supervise and manage the work of the fundraising team
• Contribute to Crisis Group’s monitoring and evaluation efforts;
• Provide the fundraising input to Crisis Group’s planning processes, and work with the Deputy President & Chief Operating Officer in producing biannual organisational work plans and impact reports for donors;
• Organise and manage the annual Global Briefing event;
• Advise the President and Senior Management Team on key considerations and strategic issues regarding the above areas of responsibility;
• Support and guide the President and the Board, including the Board Development Committee, on major fundraising efforts and initiatives;
• Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer on finance matters and revenue projections; and
• Lead organisational efforts to reinforce Crisis Group’s brand among donors.
• Significant fundraising experience at the most senior level, with an outstanding track record in a not-for-profit, academic or international organisations;
• Highly skilled at managing high-level donor relationships;
• Senior management experience;
• Demonstrated capacity for cultivating and stewarding major donors and success in increasing revenues through strategic planning and through the organisation of major annual events;
• Excellent writing and analytical skills;
• Outstanding oral communication skills and engaging and persuasive public speaking;
• A demonstrated interest in international conflict-related issues, as well as monitoring and evaluation issues;
• Ability to perform well under pressure and to manage competing demands;
• Experience preparing organisational work plans and proposals, and negotiating large grants and contracts;
• Provide strong leadership and a capacity for effective teamwork and collaboration across functional areas;
• Fluency in English (required), and other languages in use among key donor communities (desirable).
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post, names of referees and salary expectations along with your CV/resume (no photos) in English, in strict confidence BY EMAIL ONLY to Clare Garey at
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “Chief Development Officer, Crisis Group” in the email subject line and state how you came across about the job announcement.
Qualified women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: Monday 27th June, 2011
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to