Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Head of Operations
Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS)
Location: Port au Prince, Haiti
Last Date: April 23, 2011
DURATION: 1 Year
START DATE: ASAP
The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Head of Operations to oversee program implementation and field operations in Haiti.
Reporting to the Haiti Country Representative (CR), the Head of Operations will be responsible for the overall implementation of programming and management of the field operations in affected areas of Haiti. There are currently two field offices and three program implementation areas (Jacmel, Leogane, and Les Nippes). The Head of Operations will also take on designated deputy CR responsibilities.
• Responsible for the overall implementation, coordination, and management of CRCS programming in affected areas of operation.
• Responsible for the management of personnel involved in program implementation, field coordination, , and security.
• Provide overall supervision and guidance to Field Operation Coordinators in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of recovery and development programs.
• Ensure an integrated approach, both thematically by sector as well as within each affected area of operation, to effectively support recovery plans and their implementation.
• In coordination with BSU Manager, ensure effective support and integration between Support Services and program operations.
• Coordinate with Senior Recovery Manager to maintain relationships between sector coordinators and field operations to ensure effective and timely implementation of sector specific programming.
• Ensure timely and relevant narrative and financial reports are produced and disseminated accordingly.
• Ensure the coordination and partnership with IFRC on matters related to security in all affected areas of operations in Haiti. Oversee and manage the work conducted by Security staff in the development and implementation of SOPs, contingency plans, and emergency security plans.
• In coordination with the CR, initiate and support efforts to establish alliances and partnerships within the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and with non Red Cross Red Crescent partners. In particular, ensure coordination with and involvement of the Haitian Red Cross in CRCS programming.
• Work closely with the relief, health, food security, water & sanitation, and shelter functions to ensure an integrated approach to operational recovery plans and their implementation.
• Ensure proper functioning from a personnel management and office management perspective of all field offices.
• Post graduate level education in a related discipline is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement experience or a demonstrated commitment to the principles of the RCRC Movement.
• A minimum of 7 years experience working in international humanitarian context is required, preferably in a post disaster recovery context.
• Demonstrated experience in a senior management role.
• Demonstrated experience in recovery program assessment, development, and management.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in both English and French are mandatory. Language testing will be conducted.
• Minimum 3 years experience in personnel management both international expatriates and host country staff.
• Previous responsibility for all areas involving delegation or sub-delegation management.
• Demonstrated skill in financial management such as program or operational budgets.
• Solutions oriented with demonstrated analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to perform at a high level in high stress environments.
• Demonstrated experience in managing and motivating teams in complex and high stress environments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, candidate reviews will commence immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and will continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application without delay.
Interested parties may submit their application on the Canadian Red Cross Overseas website as soon as possible by visiting
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to