Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Technical Specialists - Increased Accountability in the Legal System
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Last Date: June 16, 2011
Chemonics International Inc, a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., seeks technical specialists for long- and short-term assignments for an anticipated USAID-funded Increased Accountability in the Legal System (IALS) program in Sri Lanka. The IALS project will carry out four components, 1) improve the capacity of the legal system to deliver more transparent and higher quality justice; 2) strengthen the technical knowledge of judges, and non-judicial officers; 3) key stakeholders develop a strategic plan to modernize the process of case management in the Sri Lanka legal system; and 4) improve the access to justice for marginalized communities in conflict affected areas. Technical specialists will be responsible for developing and implementing technical activities under this project. Positions are based in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
• Post-graduate degree in law required.
• Minimum 5-10 years of experience required in one or more of the following areas: designing and conducting judicial training programs, including with government officials and civil society organizations; case management; civil society advocacy campaigns; policy and legal reform programs; working with legal aid programs in north and east.
• Experience working in the justice sector, with government officials, judicial associations, civil society organizations, academia, and/or international donors required. Experience working with Ministry of Justice or Legal Aid Commission preferred.
• Experience working on donor-funded rule of law or access to justice programs preferred
• Fluency in English required, with excellent written and oral communications skills. Note some positions require fluency in either Sinhala or Tamil as well.
Must be Sri Lankan citizen.
Chemonics International ( www.chemonics.com ) was founded in 1975 and is one of the largest U.S. consulting firms providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries for initiatives financed by the U.S. Agency for International Development.
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only the strongest candidates will be contacted.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to