Chief of Party, India Private Sector Project
Last Date: September 10, 2011
Chemonics International, a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Deputy Project Director to lead activities for an anticipated USAID-funded health sector project in India. The project will assist the Ministry of Health in developing and/or enhancing models/guides on Public Private Partnership (PPP)/Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) collaborations focusing on urban and rural poor populations that can achieve financial sustainability and can be scaled up. The project will also focus on engaging private sector providers to augment access to services for the poor and improve private sector healthcare delivery systems.
Responsibilities include: provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction to the project, supervise technical and administrative staff. Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision. Serve as the key liaison with USAID and international, regional, and national partners, and donors. Take the lead oversight role in project work planning, budgeting processes, performance management, and strategic communications. Responsible for achievement of contract results. Qualified Indian nationals are encouraged to apply.
• Advanced post graduate degree in public health, business, social sciences or related field strongly preferred
• At least 8 years experience in a senior leadership position, managing complex health technical collaboration programs, preferably in India
• Significant experience in developing innovative partnership approaches that have resulted in proved outcomes with the private sector in health and non-health sectors
• Ability to think strategically about key public health challenges in India and potential private sector partnership solutions across a range of technical areas, including RH/FP, infectious disease, and MCH
• Knowledge of health policy and financing issues in relation to private sector health service delivery, experience with social marketing/communication programs a plus
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relations with private sector entities, professional associations, senior government officials, MOH at the state and national levels, U.S. and foreign government organizations, and development partners
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• India experience is required
• Fluency in English required
Application Instructions: Please send resumes
by September 10, 2011. Please send a current resume and cover letter describing skills and interests and indicate DCOP-India PSP in the e-mail subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.