Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Location: Washington, D.C.
Last Date: May 31, 2011
Chemonics seeks a controller with a strong government contracting background to supervise all activities in our accounting department. The ideal candidate is accustomed to operating at advanced levels of authority and accountability to achieve results and has a working knowledge of payroll, invoicing, accounts payable, and financial systems. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Supervise the day-to-day work of the accounting team while serving in a leadership role for the company
• Conduct complex technical and business development assignments
• Oversee financial management, promote staff development, and contribute to Finance and Administration Division and corporate strategies
• Design, implement, and continually improve financial controls, systems, and procedures within the Finance and Administration Division
• Perform quality control and quality assurance over auditing books by identifying core business issues related to accuracy and efficiency
• Ensure conformance with federal, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and corporate accounting principles, practices, and guidelines
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in accounting preferred; Certified public accountant (CPA) preferred; Minimum 10 years of senior professional experience in financial management, corporate finance, budgeting, and computerization of financial operations, with strong background in U.S. government contracting; In-depth understanding of accounting practices, procedures, and controls, particularly for a U.S. government contractor; Experience managing large teams, recruiting excellent candidates, developing staff capabilities, and promoting the careers of successful staff; Knowledge of USAID and their operations; Significant overseas experience in overseeing field office operations; Ability to communicate in verbal and written form clearly and concisely;
Demonstrated ability to operate at increasingly advanced levels of leadership and authority; Demonstrated leadership, management, and organizational skills; Ability to travel and work overseas up to three months per year; Knowledge and understanding of unique environments in which international development projects operate; Ability to work both independently and in a team; Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
APPLY TO: Send electronic submissions to
email@example.com by May 31, 2011. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to