Capacity Building and Communications Experts
Last Date: September 10, 2011
Chemonics International, a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., seeks capacity building and communications specialists to lead activities for an anticipated USAID-funded health sector project in India. The project will assist the Ministry of Health in developing and/or enhancing models/guides on Public Private Partnership (PPP)/Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) collaborations focusing on urban and rural poor populations that can achieve financial sustainability and can be scaled up. The project will also focus on engaging private sector providers to augment access to services for the poor and improve private sector healthcare delivery systems.
Responsibilities include: provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction to the project, supervise technical and administrative staff. Support the creation and implementation of a strategic, long-term programmatic vision.
• 7-10 years of experience in one of the following areas of expertise: organizational development, clinical trainings, financial management training, brand and service promotion, community mobilization, and behavior change communication.
• Advanced post graduate degree in public health, business, social sciences or related field strongly preferred
• Ability to think strategically about key public health challenges in India and potential private sector partnership solutions across a range of technical areas, including RH/FP, infectious disease, and MCH
• Knowledge of health policy and financing issues in relation to private sector health service delivery, experience with social marketing/communication programs a plus
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relations with private sector entities, professional associations, senior government officials, MOH at the state and national levels, U.S. and foreign government organizations, and development partners
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Fluency in English required
Application Instructions: Please send resumes to
by September 10, 2011. Please send a current resume and cover letter describing skills and interests and indicate “Capacity Building and Communications Experts” in the e-mail subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.