Disaster Risk Reduction/Climate Change Specialist
Location: New Delhi, India
Last Date: March 1, 2011
Email: IndiaDisasterRiskReduction@gmail.com (Reference:
Chemonics International, a global development consulting firm located in Washington, DC, seeks specialists in disaster risk reduction and climate change for an anticipated USAID-funded project in India. The project will focus on supporting the government’s capability to manage climate change adaptation as it pertains to disaster management.
Responsibilities include: provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction to the project. Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision. Liaise with USAID and international, regional, and national partners, and donors. Contribute to and support technical excellence in disaster risk reduction and climate change.
• Advanced degree in a relevant field
• 5-10 years of relevant work experience in the field of emergency management and disaster mitigation, climate change adaptation, and familiarity the agencies involved in disaster management
• Experience working or liaising with the senior ministerial officials preferred
• Experience implementing USAID or other donor projects preferred
• Fluency in Hindi and English required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Application Instructions: Please send resumes to
by March 1, 2011. Please send current resume and cover letter describing skills and interests and indicate India Climate Change in the e-mail subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.