Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Grants Management Specialist
Caribbean HIV & AIDS Alliance (CHAA)
Location: Trinidad & Tobago
Last Date: January 4, 2011
The Caribbean HIV & AIDS Alliance (CHAA) was established in January 2003,and currently work with most of risk community in Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Jamaica, St Kitts & Nevis, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago the objective of CHAA’s programme is to prevent new HIV infections and mitigate the impact of AIDS among vulnerable groups in the Caribbean.
We are seeking to recruit highly qualified and motivated individuals for an upcoming United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Eastern Caribbean Community Action Project II which will expand CHAA operations into three additional countries of the Eastern Caribbean.
Grants Management Specialist
Based Trinidad & Tobago
Reporting To: Chief of Party
The Grants Management Specialist assists the Chief of Party in overseeing all the procurement and donor USAID) compliance including the pre-award survey for various partners under the project.
Key responsibilities will include
• Support the Chief of Party in the review of grant awards for responsibility determination, Cost realism Regulatory compliance Risk analysis and mitigation
• On a case-by-case basis, he/she may be given complete responsibility for the review and approval of simple/small grants as determined by the Chief of Party
• Assist the CHAA regional Office in collecting and filing grant documents for G&C records
• Assist orienting field office Program Officers and other staff to develop and sustain CHAA staff capacity in the donor rules and regulation compliance
• Assist the Chief of Party and field office Program Officers in preparing (and/or evaluating) solicitations including those for procurement under grants
• Assist the Chief of Party in the review/endorsement of procurement submission requests requiring Executive Director’s approval
• Assist the Chief of Party in monitoring field office compliance within CHAA’s procurement policies and procedures.
• Ensure adherence of USAID and CHAA procurement procedure
• Maintain a very high quality documentation
Qualifications and Experience
Degree level certificate with and additional qualification in the field of Law/ procurement/material management
At least 5 years of experience in procurement and compliance.
Previous work on USAID project is mandatory.
CLOSING DATE: 4th January 2011
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter in Microsoft Word format demonstrating how you meet the outline personal specification (both in English) to
firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject box should be the position title and your name. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. For more details please visit
The Caribbean HIV &AIDS Alliance is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with HIV/AIDS are particularly encouraged to apply.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to