Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Canadian Feed The Children
Location: Toronto, Canada
Last Date: July 23, 2010
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Canadian Feed The Children is a unique and vibrant international development agency that is hungry to do more to help children thrive around the world. Our small staff is empowered to do mighty things. We have built strong relationship with our supporters across the country, with our community partners around the world, and with the children and families we support in the areas of nutrition, education, health and livelihood.
There is an exciting atmosphere of change here at Canadian Feed The Children and we want to bring great new talent on board! We are looking for an experienced bilingual Program Manager to effectively lead our international development programs in Ghana, Haiti and Sierra Leone.
You will be a critical link between our country offices and community partners, and our Toronto office. Your expertise in managing, monitoring and evaluating innovative, community-focused international development programs is built on your insight into meaningful change, your ability to strategize, inspire and engage others, and your proven skill in mobilizing efforts in ways that help us reach new heights in helping children thrive.
You are a team player who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is self-directed and flexible, with high-level communication skills in English and French.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Ensure effective management and implementation of your program portfolio
• Manage, monitor country Annual Operating Plan; Quarterly and Annual Reports, periodic program/country evaluations and annual audit
• Manage, monitor, analyses and reconcile with Finance Department disbursement of funds to Country Representatives and partners
• Supervision of Country Representatives including recruitment, orientation, training, goal setting and performance review
• Support organizational fundraising initiatives, proposal writing and donor reporting to CIDA, other bilateral and multilateral agencies, private foundations and corporations
• Nurture and manage a variety of relationships of assigned networks and liaisons within the international development community in Canada and internationally as required.
Qualifications and Requirements for the Role
• A university degree in International Development or a related field, and/or appropriate training plus 5 years of international development experience in the field
• Program Management experience, budgeting, managing project-related finances and results-based management
• Experience with program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Experience working with CIDA requirements and other donor agencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Minimum of intermediate level in working French
• Experience working within cross-cultural environments and the ability to work effectively as part of team
• Solid analytical and reporting skills
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required
• Computer skills in a Windows environment (MS Word, Excel)
Canadian Feed The Children is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including a pension plan. In keeping with our HR policies, candidates can expect to participate in a clearance check.
If you are interested in joining our amazing and dedicated team, please email your covering letter and résumé as one Word document or PDF, quoting “Program Manager” in the subject line, by July 23, 2010, to:
We look forward to hearing from you!
Because of the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those selected for an interview.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to