Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Global Climate Change Advocacy Coordinator
CARE Danmark (CDK)
Location: home base and overseas travel
Last Date: May 23, 2011
CARE Danmark (CDK) is seeking a Global Climate Change Advocacy Coordinator for the CARE International Poverty, Environmental and Climate Change Network (PECCN). Starting date is 1st of August 2011 or as soon as possible with initial contract period of two years.
The network is a programme development, programme quality and advocacy network that is based on horizontal and largely informal relationships across CARE, and between CARE and peer organizations. As a CARE-led “community of practice”, and the first Centre of Expertise within CARE International (CI), PECCN’s global membership includes hundreds of professionals from CARE and partner organisations committed to addressing the challenges of environmental change from the perspective of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
In climate change advocacy CARE is focusing on making adaptation funding mechanisms work for poor people, greater investment in disaster risk reduction and management, and expanding opportunities for poor people to participate in and benefit from carbon finance mechanisms. CARE is also addressing emissions policies, typically through our participation in larger advocacy alliances.
The goals and strategies of PECCN are defined by the Climate Change Strategic Plan (CCSP) of CARE International. Climate change advocacy is one of the four main themes of the CCSP. See
www.careclimatechange.org for details of CARE’s climate change programming and advocacy.
Responsibilities and tasks
• Leadership and coordination of CARE’s global advocacy effort on climate change.
• Facilitation of overall development and implementation of the Advocacy Sub-strategy
within CI’s Climate Change Strategy 2010-2014
• Policy analysis, particularly in relation to climate change adaptation and linkages to other key poverty reduction themes e.g. food security, DRR
• Support for efforts to strengthen the capacity of CARE’s country programmes to conduct climate change advocacy at regional and national levels
• Strategic programme development and resource mobilisation in cooperation with Advocacy Theme Team members
• Build external relations and partnerships, and contribute to communications materials
• Minimum qualification of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
• Minimum five years of working experience
• Solid advocacy experience
• Experience from a developing country an advantage
• NGO experience an advantage
An attractive position with the possibility to work from your home base and overseas travel up to 40%.
How to apply
For questions regarding the position, please contact CARE Danmark’s Programme Director Lisbeth Moller at
email@example.com . Please apply on-line at CARE Danmark’s website
http://www.care.dk/english/jobs and use the “Apply online” button in the ad to enter the application form.
Deadline for application including CV is May 23, 2011. Interviews will be held in Copenhagen June 21-22, 2011.
A detailed job description is available on request.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to