Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Commodity Tracking System Officer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Last Date: December 8, 2010
COMMODITY TRACKING SYSTEM OFFICER
Location: Within the United States
Position Location: ATLANTA, GEORGIA
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.
CARE is seeking an experienced Commodity Tracking System (CTS) Officer to be responsible for managing the tracking system for food and non-food commodities handled by all projects globally and for generating required reports as necessary. The CTS Officer will help contribute to the achievement of program objectives by ensuring that commodity management systems in field offices maintain strong controls over receipt, storage and distribution of commodities and that losses are minimized. Through effective analysis of the commodity reports, s/he will identify issues of concern and advice follow up actions. S/he will also support country offices in maintenance of their commodity inventory systems and conduct training for them as necessary. The job will require significant travels to the countries where commodity inventory is managed. The position reports to the Senior Technical Advisor, Inventory Management.
· Commodity Tracking System
· Technical Support
· Capacity Building
· Documentation And Reporting
· Four year university degree in related field
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications, particularly MS Office, MS Access & Excel
· Extensive knowledge of database management systems
· Experience in warehouse management systems
· 3-5 years field experience in warehouse management and commodity tracking system, preferably at a country or sub-office level in developing or under-developed countries
· Strong task management skills, including attention to detail.
· Knowledge of office systems, including experience with computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, spreadsheets, database management)
· Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
· Diploma or Certificate in Computer Science
· Diploma or Certificate in Accounting or Statistics
· Work experience in non-profit organizations
· Experience in emergency relief operations
· Foreign language skills in Spanish or French
· Good understanding of CARE International and Sphere relief standards.
· Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
· Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
· Knowledge of SPSS or Epi Info packages
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Expected Start Date: November 2010
Expected Travel Percentage: 50%
Language Requirement: Spanish or French desired
Apply online at:
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to