Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Director, Advisory Services
Location: Paris, France
Last Date: June 19, 2011
A leader in corporate responsibility since 1992, BSR is seeking a Director, Advisory Services to be based in our Paris office. BSR works with its global network of more than 250 member companies to develop sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. With seven offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR leverages its expertise in the environment, human rights, economic development, and transparency and accountability to guide global companies toward creating a just and sustainable world.
Our office in Paris mainly works with BSR members and other companies and stakeholders headquartered in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region but it does so in close collaboration with staff based in other BSR regions. Further, as a truly global organization staff in the Paris also works with member companies headquartered in other regions. The office is in a phase of rapid development having grown from 2 to 12 staff over the past 24 months. BSR expects to continue this growth including by setting up offices elsewhere in the region in the coming years.
Visit www.bsr.org for more information.
The Director, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) will have primary responsibility for contributing to building and leading BSR’s work with companies headquartered in EMEA-region as well as regional business units of other BSR members. This person will work closely with BSR’s regional leadership as well as the global industry Director team to develop business opportunities and deliver consulting projects that provide high value to BSR members and other leading companies that seek to improve their sustainability performance. The Director’s work will likely focus on 2-3 industries to be determined based on qualifications and experiences. The Director will oversee and participate in project teams focused on the development and implementation of responsible business practices. This position is full-time, based in Paris, and reports to the Regional Managing Director, EMEA.
• Consulting and Member Services: The Director will play a leading role in delivering consulting services to member and non-member companies in a few of the following industries: Financial services, consumer products, transportation, food-agriculture-beverage and health care. Areas of project focus may include: sustainability strategy development, reporting and transparency, stakeholder engagement, human rights, environmental sustainability, responsible supply chain management and sustainable product design. The Director may be required to provide services to companies outside of the priority industries according to business needs.
• Business Development and Recruitment: The Director will have significant responsibility for recruiting new member companies and will play a leading role in identifying and developing new business opportunities.
• Internal Practice Management: The Director will represent the priority industries in collaboration with the global industry directors at internal management meetings, strategy discussions and budget planning. The Director will assist in supervising and developing the professional capabilities of other members of BSR’s consulting and research teams, primarily in EMEA. In addition, the Director could be expected to take on general administrative responsibilities for the development of the Paris office.
• External Representation: The Director will represent both BSR and the priority industries to external audiences in the EMEA region by: presenting at industry conferences; writing publications; forming beneficial external partnerships; and creating other opportunities to raise the profile of BSR more broadly.
• Master’s degree in business, law, public policy, environmental management or other relevant discipline required.
• Significant business experience (at least 10 years) required, to perform the key functions of a consulting leader, including: developing and maintaining senior-level client relationships; pursuing and creating business opportunities; and overseeing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Significant experience working with business in the EMEA region, in particular Europe, and relevant industry expertise in a few industries.
• Deep knowledge and experience in key sustainability content areas, such as: stakeholder engagement, supply chain, environment, human rights, or local economic development.
• Experience in developing sustainability-related methodologies, such as: sustainability reporting, social/environmental risk assessment, strategy design & implementation, or social/environmental impact indicator development.
• Knowledge and experience related to business processes such as strategic planning, organizational development, training programs, performance management, change management, etc.
• Proven leadership and people management skills, including a demonstrated ability to mentor the skills and effectiveness of other team members.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and facilitation skills.
• Willingness to undertake business travel (~ 35% time).
• Language skills: Spoken and written fluency in English and a second European language such as French or German is a must. A third European language will be a plus.
• Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
• High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of Leadership, Respect and Integrity.
Please apply only online at: www.bsr.org/bsrjobs
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to