Last Date: April 30, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Position: Project Manager
Type: Full time
Be! Fund is India’s first, not-for-profit seed fund that will invest in young entrepreneurs, age 18-29, from low-income groups, to define and pioneer businesses that solve the social, economic and environmental problems they face in their lives and their communities.
From water to waste, energy to sanitation, Be! Fund believes that young people who have grown up experiencing poverty have solutions to practical problems they face; they have simply never been asked before.
Be! Media asks young people to submit their business ideas to the Be! Fund. Be! Media, 13 epic movies, 15 radio episodes and 50 books specifically targets young people age 18-29 from low-income groups with inspiring stories of entrepreneurs and enterprises that solve social and economic problems.
Each Be! story asks young people to submit their business ideas for social and economic change, to the Fund. In this way, Be! Media creates a pipeline of entrepreneurs for the Be! Fund.
Be! Fund’s mission: Prove the viability – both social and financial –of investing in young entrepreneurs from low income groups to pioneer enterprises that create solutions for bottom-of-the-pyramid communities, their own communities.
Be! Fund pilot will be rolled out in Delhi and Bangalore alongside the Be! Media. 2011-12 Be! Media will be broadcast nationwide reaching 100 million young people. The fund incorporates learning from the pilot and scales across the country.
Roles & Responsibilities of Project Manager includes –
1. Manage the team that will launch the Be! Fund pilot in Bangalore
2. Work with the Delhi team and Be! Fund CEO to set up process and monitoring systems to establish the Be! Fund in Bangalore and then nationwide
3. Coordinate activities of Be! Fund in Bangalore along with the CEO in Delhi.
4. Execute the Be! Fund media campaign in Bangalore
5. Review process/criteria for selecting entrepreneurs for investment
6. Meet partners and establish long term rules for engagement: mentors, skills development agencies, pro bono accounting firms
7. Manage relationship with partners; manage, coordinate and create excitement/ commitment among partners as appropriate including:
a. Mentor panel and sector experts
b. Investment committee
c. Micro-finance and other on-ground partners
d. Media channel partners
e. Skills developing and training partners
8. At the end of the pilots, develop firm processes and create an implementation manual for partners to implement fund across India
9. Locate new partners for nationwide expansion
10. Representation, communication: represent fund to partners, investment funds to raise additional investment
Skills and qualifications required:
• 3-6 years of work experience
• Masters in Development or Social Work or an MBA
• Proficient in spoken and written Kannada
• Effective English communication skills and exceptional computer literacy to keep regular correspondence with partners and supporters
Salary commensurate with experience
Please submit a one page cover letter explaining why you are the right one to manage the Be! Fund in Bangalore and your CV plus two references to email@example.com by April 30, 2011