Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Program Design Officer - Europe
African Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
Location: Oxford, UK
Last Date: August 1, 2010
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
The African Wildlife Foundation (AWF), an international conservation organization, is recruiting a Program Design (PD) Officer to generate funding from government and foundation sources for AWF’s landscape-level conservation and livelihoods programs in sub-Saharan Africa. This position will work closely but remotely with the other members of the PD team, the US-based private fundraising team, field-based program teams, cross-site technical program staff and finance staff. The person hired will have excellent written and oral communication skills, appropriate fundraising experience, and a sound understanding of contemporary conservation and development issues in Africa. S/he will report directly to the Vice President for Program Design.
Location: Oxford, UK
Type: Full-time, minimum two year contract
Department: Program Design
The PD-Europe Officer will be responsible for building positive and lasting relationships with development funding agencies and professional and family foundations in the UK and in Europe. Specific duties include relationship management with donors and prospective donors in Europe; preparing high quality funding proposals, including working with implementation teams to design bids, drafting and finalizing text; negotiating grants and contracts; supporting the Vice President for Program Design in designing and delivering AWF strategy in Europe and in overall PD team operations; and representing AWF in international and local fora as requested. The AWF PD team is a small team comprising two officers in each of three regions in Africa, plus two officers in Europe and two in the US, and PD officers are expected to work closely and collaboratively in support of one another’s programs of work.
• Reputable Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees in relevant field (e.g. economics, business, conservation, natural resource management, rural development).
• Relevant experience working at a responsible level, with direct experience in conservation or development in Africa preferred.
• Proven track record in winning grants, including marketing and presenting project ideas to donors.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conceptualize and write project documents (including budgets, logical frameworks, and work plans) and reports.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Internet Explorer).
• Ability to work remotely and independently yet as part of a team.
• Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
• Fluency in written and spoken English essential. Proficiency in French a strong advantage.
• Willingness to travel.
Competitive salary package on offer. Interested candidates should forward a 2-3 page CV, cover letter and a sample of original, written work in English to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st August 2010.
AWF is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to