Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Assistant Programme Manager - NGOs and Community Partnerships
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Last Date: July 14, 2010
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
AusAID (Australian Agency for International Development) advises the Australian Government on international development policy and manages Australia’s overseas aid program. One of AusAID’s core principles is to accelerate progress towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The Australian Government has an ambitious agenda to rapidly increase its development assistance across Africa while also deepening its engagement with key countries to achieve meaningful development impacts.
In order to drive AusAID’s agenda, the organisation is looking to recruit an exceptional and experienced individual to fill the following position, based in Nairobi.
ASSISTANT PROGRAMME MANAGER - NGOs AND COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
The Assistant Program Manager will assist in managing AusAID’s NGO and community partnerships for the Australian aid program in Africa.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager (NGOs and Community Partnerships), key responsibilities will entail the following:
• Assist in the planning and management of the new Australia-Africa Community Engagement Scheme and other community partnerships programs;
• Manage assigned contracts and monitor performance to ensure that AusAID meets its contractual obligations;
• Carry out activities related to program finances such as preparing estimates, budgets and monitoring expenditure;
• Ensure Program information is accurately maintained using AusAID aid program management systems;
• Carry out monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure compliance with AusAID’s quality reporting requirements;
• Provide support to the Senior Program Manager (NGOs & Community Partnerships) and other AusAID stakeholders in the development of the new Program;
• Manage relationships with Program partners and stakeholders including Australian and other international/local NGOs, as well as partner governments; and
• Contribute to corporate activities of AusAID such as regional meetings and other duties as required.
Key Qualifications and Experience
The key qualifications and experience desired are as follows:
• A bachelor’s degree and a relevant post-graduate degree.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience directly involved in aid program management.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills.
• Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting on program activities.
Attractive remuneration packages commensurate with the responsibility of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate. Please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, quoting the relevant reference number on both application letter and envelope. To be considered your application must be received by 14th July 2010 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way
P O Box 40092 00100, Nairobi, KENYA
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +254 20 423 0000
Fax: +254 20 444 8966
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to