Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to almost
0.5 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Assistant Programme Manager - Scholarships
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Last Date: July 14, 2010
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
AusAID (Australian Agency for International Development) advises the Australian Government on international development policy and manages Australia’s overseas aid program. One of AusAID’s core principles is to accelerate progress towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The Australian Government has an ambitious agenda to rapidly increase its development assistance across Africa while also deepening its engagement with key countries to achieve meaningful development impacts.
In order to drive AusAID’s agenda, the organisation is looking to recruit an exceptional and experienced individual to fill the following position, based in Nairobi.
ASSISTANT PROGRAMME MANAGER - SCHOLARSHIPS
The Assistant Program Manager will assist in the management of the Australia Awards Program in Africa. Reporting to the Senior Program Manager (Scholarships), the key responsibilities will entail the following:
• Assist in the management of appraisal, planning, monitoring and review of the Australia Awards in Africa and the relationship with the managing contractor;
• Provide support in the mobilisation of the scholarship program in new areas / countries and high-level bilateral negotiations, representations and discussions;
• Manage relationships with government agencies and key partners in decision making and addressing pertinent issues to the delivery of the Program;
• Support the establishment and maintenance of an effective awards/scholarships network across countries in the Africa region where Australia Awards are offered;
• Participate as necessary in the process of short-listing, ranking and selecting award applicants;
• Carry out management of program finances, budget, contract and procurement activities;
• Coordinate mobilisation of awardees;
• Coordinate alumni events including functions, workshops and seminars and liaise with AusAID alumni networks in Africa;
• Ensure gender equity and disability support mechanisms are incorporated into the Program; and
• Contribute to corporate activities of AusAID such as regional meetings and other duties as needed or as directed.
Key Qualifications and Experience
The key qualifications and experience desired are as follows:
• A bachelor’s degree and a relevant post-graduate degree.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience directly involved in aid program management.
• Excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge of written and spoken Arabic would be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills.
• Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting on program activities.
Attractive remuneration packages commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate. Please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, quoting the relevant reference number on both application letter and envelope. To be considered your application must be received by 14th July 2010 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way
P O Box 40092 00100, Nairobi, KENYA
or by email: email@example.com
Tel: +254 20 423 0000
Fax: +254 20 444 8966
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to