Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Country Representative: Korea
The Asia Foundation
Location: Republic of Korea
Last Date: February 15, 2011
The Asia Foundation is seeking a Country Representative to oversee and run its office in the Republic of Korea. The Country Representative is the senior-most Foundation employee and is accountable for all Foundation programs, operations and external relations in accordance with Foundation strategies and policy guidelines. The Country Representative provides overall leadership and is responsible for managing all aspects of the Foundation’s work in Korea, including the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of program activities, security, administration, fiscal management; the direction, supervision and evaluation of employees; fundraising and the diversification of donor support. The Country Representative will lead and direct the Foundation’s engagement with the Korean international aid community on Official Development Assistance (ODA) policy and aid effectiveness; and develop and implement plans for securing Korean funding of The Asia Foundation programs and initiatives in South and Southeast Asia. In close cooperation with the Center for U.S.-Korea Policy, based at the Foundation’s office in Washington, the Country Representative will also develop and administer programs that strengthen and improve regional and international dialogue. The Country Representative represents The Asia Foundation with host government, donors, partner agencies, diplomatic missions, national and international institutions and the media. In addition to its work in the Republic of Korea, the Foundation engages with the DPRK through a modest program of dialogues and exchanges. Accordingly, the Korea Country Representative liaises closely with the Programs unit, Asian American Exchange, Books for Asia and Office of the President in San Francisco headquarters, as well as the Center for U.S.-Korea Policy in those programming activities.
• Minimum ten years of progressively responsible professional experience, or the equivalent, in international development or foreign affairs in Korea or elsewhere in Asia with private, public, bi-lateral or multi-lateral development institutions or non-profit organizations.
• Demonstrated executive management leadership, proven skills in managing host country relationships and partnerships, a track record in development assistance policy development, planning and administration, and a grounding in foreign affairs.
• Excellent professional and academic credentials, with an in-depth knowledge of development issues and with extensive practical background in international development assistance.
• Successful experience in fund-raising, including designing and managing resource mobilization campaigns, donor cultivation and stewardship and proposal preparation.
• Knowledge of and professional experience in Korea. Language proficiency in Korean highly desirable.
• Doctorate or Master's degree, in a field related to Foundation interests.
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Applications may be submitted directly by visiting The Asia Foundation website:
www.asiafoundation.org and selecting “Employment Opportunities”. The application deadline is 15 February 2011.
The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. For information on The Asia Foundation, please visit our website:
www.asiafoundation.org . No phone calls please.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to