Principal Software Engineer
Innovators In Health and Operation ASHA
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: March 14, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER (.NET / C# / MS Access) New Delhi
Two internationally-recognized NGOs are are seeking a skilled, experienced, and dedicated software engineer for a full-time position in developing .NET software that will positively impact the lives of thousands of low-income individuals who suffer from tuberculosis.
As Principal Software Engineer for Innovators In Health and Operation ASHA, you will be responsible for overseeing the overall evolution of our organizations' code base. Your work will encompass two major
systems: a biometric attendance terminal and an electronic medical record (EMR) system. The biometric terminal uses a fingerprint reader to track patient attendance at health clinics, while the EMR provides visualizations and reports of patient data as well as our stock of medications. The systems (developed jointly with Microsoft Research India and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology) have already been published in international conferences and have received global attention, including a personal demonstration to Bill Gates.
Our software utilizes .NET technologies, including C#, WPF, Microsoft Access and general Windows programming. The code will be open source, enabling your contributions to be recognized by the broader community.
This position reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of Operation ASHA, and will receive further guidance from the CEO of Innovators In Health. It is based in New Delhi, at the headquarters of Operation ASHA (in Sarita Vihar) and is available starting immediately. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Design and implementation of new features, bug fixes, and general maintenance of our software architecture, as guided by the CIO.
- Occasional visits to health clinics to observe and troubleshoot usage of the biometric terminal in the field.
- Personal interaction with the CIO and community health workers to train them to use the latest versions of the software.
- Documentation and release of the system to other tuberculosis treatment programs around the world.
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- B.Tech/B.E. in computer science or a related field (Master's a plus)
- Deep knowledge of .NET, C#, MS Access and general Windows programming
- Deep understanding of object oriented design principles
- Passion for extending quality healthcare to underserved communities
- Available to work full-time in New Delhi (Sarita Vihar area)
About Innovators In Health:
Innovators In Health is a non-government organization (NGO) founded by alumni of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with the mission of developing technology to reduce the burden of medication adherence, for both patients and treatment programs. Innovators In Health has been the recipient of numerous prizes for social entrepreneurship, including the RGK Center Winner's Cup for the premier social enterprise in the United States. Learn more about Innovators In Health at http://www.innovatorsinhealth.org/
About Operation ASHA:
Operation ASHA is a non-government organization (NGO) based out of Delhi, India and Chicago, USA that aims to eradicate tuberculosis worldwide. We treat tuberculosis (TB) amongst more than two million individuals, most of which live in the slum areas of India. Learn more about Operation ASHA at http://s01.opasha.org/
Please send your resume and brief cover letter to our search committee at