Technical Consultant - Capacity Building for Industrial Pollution Management Project
Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Last Date: November 15, 2010
ANDHRA PRADESH POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD, HYDERABAD
Capacity Building for Industrial Pollution Management Project (CBIPMP)
Loan No. 7924-IN & Credit No. 4755-IN
Consulting Services for Technical Consultants
1. This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the general procurement notice – wb2018 for this project that appeared in Development Business, Date 08-05-2010.
2. The Ministry of Environment & Forests (MoEF), Govt. of India has received a loan from the International Bank of Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and credit from International Development Association (IDA) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan/credit to payments under the contract for the World Band aided Capacity Building for Industrial Pollution Management Project (CBIPMP) and in strengthening the environment management capacity of Central and State level regulatory authorities with emphasis on rehabilitation of polluted sites. At the state level the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) under the project director (Member Secretary, APPCB) will be responsible for overall supervision, oversee the day to day project implementation, co-ordination with other stake holder agencies and assist the Member Secretary for effective implementation of the project. The three important components of the project are (i) Strengthening of Environmental Institutions: Building capacity for addressing pollution remediation (ii) Investments in Priority Remediation and Environmental Improvements: Rehabilitation of the abandoned contaminated sites and (iii) Project Management. The Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board is the implementing agent of this project for the state of Andhra Pradesh. The estimated cost of the project to be implemented for a period of five years is USD 75.39 million.
3. The services of the technical consultant include the following (i) to assist and support the Project Director in preparing Request for Proposals, bidding documents, terms of reference, performance contracts, supervising and evaluating the performance of the consultancies, (ii) to liaise with appropriate technical personal in National, Regional and International institutions involved in MSW & HWM seeking coordination and integration where appropriate, (iii) to facilitate the preparation of the World Bank standard project implementation reports and to coordinate to manage the records and official documents of the project including project audits, etc.
4. The Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments and availability of appropriate skills among staff etc.) Consultant may associate to enhance their qualification. [The “Association” may take the form of a joint venture (with joint and several liability) or of a sub-consultancy].
5. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by Bank Borrowers May, 2004 revised October 2006.
6. Interested Consultants may obtain further information from our websites:
7. Expression of interest must be addressed to the Project Director, CBIPMP/Member Secretary, APPCB, Paryavarana Bhavan, A-3, Industrial Estate, Sanathnagar, Hyderabad– 500 018, duly superscribing “Expression of interest for Technical Consultants, CBIPMP” on envelope within 15 days from the date of publication.
8. For any queries contact Sri. S.S.S. Murali, Environmental Engineer, PIU, CBIPMP, APPCB, Paryavarana Bhavan, A-3, Industrial Estate, Sanathnagar, Hyderabad, ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA– 500 018. Off: +91-40-23887500 Ex: 570, Fax: +91-40-23887502.