International Development Jobs and Consulting Opportunities

 

Subscribe to job updates       JOBSEEKERS:  Subscribe to Fast-Track Job Search (over 900 positions filled in 2010)

Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to over 0.6 million international development colleagues.

Over 12,800 international development recruiters post their jobs on DevNetJobs.org

Natural Resource Management Specialist

ShareThis
American Embassy
Location: Kinshasa-Gombe
Last Date: March 16, 2011
Email: HRKinshasa@state.gov (Reference: DevNetJobs.org)

 

AMERICAN EMBASSY JOB OPPORTUNITY

HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE

Ave. Lukusa, No. 498, Kinshasa-Gombe

Phone 081-8806193; e-mail: HRKinshasa@state.gov

NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST

Those who have previously applied for position no. 10-60 need not re-apply as your application will be considered.

BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:

The Natural Resource Management Specialist (NRM Specialist) will provide support to the Mission Environmental Officer (MEO) to help mainstream environmental awareness in decision making.  The NRM Specialist will be responsible for monitoring, tracking, and ensuring compliance with USAID environmental policies and procedures and those of the DRC to ensure that unintended environmental consequences are avoided and positive social and environmental outcomes are enhanced.  With this monitoring of activities, the NRM Specialist will take the lead in overseeing the completion of 22 CFR 216 (USAID Environmental Procedures) document preparations.  NRM Specialist duties in support of the MEO constitute 60% of the position with the other 40% of duties involving analyses and implementation of the bilateral NRM component of the USAID DRC Economic Growth Portfolio.

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:

Education: A minimum of Masterís of Sciences in a field directly related to natural resource management is required.

Experience:  Five years experience working in natural resource management or in a related environmental field to include managerial experience is required.  Specific work experience working on climate change and clean energy programming is required.  Experience working with agriculture and ecosystems protection is also required.

Language Proficiency:  Level IV (Fluent) English and French is required.  Fluency in one or more official Congolese language is also required.

Knowledge:  Should be knowledgeable about USAID bilateral projects in the DRC as well as regional CARPE programs.  Thoroughly knowledgeable about DRC and USAID environmental regulations/policies as well as having knowledge of the DRC agricultural, clean energy, and forestry sector.

Skills and AbilitiesHigh level problem solving skills to decide how to make bilateral USAID and CARPE programs/activities environmentally sustainable.  Must be innovative and strategic thinker to plan ahead for both annual project cycles as well as more long term planning for environmental policy and strategy.  Excellent communication skills to persuasively deal with all levels of USAID/Kinshasa hierarchy, CARPE, as well as external partners and DRC government officials.  Must be able to give training workshops to partners in a dynamic and informative manner.

Closing Date:  March 16, 2011. 

 


 

Was this job of interest to you? Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies in your email each day via our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.  Click here to proceed

 
© Copyright 2010-2025 www.DevNetJobs.org: International Development Jobs.  All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: DevNetJobs is not affiliated with, nor does it endorse any of the Non-Profits, UN, UNDP, other UN Agencies, Charities, For-Profits, Governments, Companies or their jobs posted here. The contents of this site are provided as an information resource to jobseekers, advertisers and recruiters. None of these organizations or DevNetJobs is responsible for accuracy of these jobs or for external links from this website. Jobseekers should exercise caution to ascertain the validity of the jobs, especially when any organization asks for any fees or investment as a part of its recruitment process. Should you notice any suspect jobs, write to jobs@devnetjobs.org