Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Senior HIV & AIDS 2012 Stakeholder Advisor
AIDS 2012 Local Secretariat / International AIDS Society (IAS)
Location: Washington, DC
Last Date: April 15, 2011
Senior HIV & AIDS 2012 Stakeholder Advisor
AIDS 2012 LOCAL SECRETARIAT, Washington, DC Washington, DC has been chosen to host the XIX International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2012), the largest international meeting on HIV, where every two years 25,000 participants representing all stakeholders in the global response to HIV meet to assess progress and identify future priorities.
AIDS 2012 is organized by the International AIDS Society (IAS), in partnership with government, scientific and civil society partners in the United States and
international partners from civil society and the United Nations. Based in Geneva, Switzerland, the IAS is the worldˇ¦s leading independent association of HIV professionals.
The Senior HIV & AIDS 2012 Stakeholder Advisor is a part-time position (50%) that is expected to last until August 31, 2012.
The Senior HIV & AIDS 2012 Advisor Relations will work in close collaboration with the Head of the Local Secretariat and will report to the Conference Director based in
the International Secretariat in Geneva, and will be entrusted with the following responsibilities:
* In collaboration with the Head of the Local Secretariat develop communication between the AIDS 2012 secretariat and the local (DC) and U.S. federal government
* On behalf of the CCC and the Conference Secretariat coordinate with local and federal government to the benefit of all parties involved
* Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders working in the field
of HIV, including participation in relevant meetings, advisory committees.
Work with U.S. government agencies to include messages about U.S.
government AIDS programmes at AIDS 2012
* In collaboration with the Head of the Local Secretariat be the focal point
for AIDS 2012 and local (DC) or national community groups with the
* Work with the US conference Co-chair to facilitate communications with
* Provide expertise on relevant political issues and activities on HIV/AIDS
* If needed, provide technical and strategic advice with respect to HIV/AIDS
work with the Resource Development team to mobilize resources and
* Provide expertise and advice to senior management on expanding
engagement at the political level with local organizations (government,
associations, community groups etc)
* Liaise with and support the AIDS 2012 outreach partners on the
promotion of the conference programme to appropriate audiences
* Help develop outreach materials relating to the scientific programme of
The following skills and qualifications are prerequisites:
* Possess strong HIV/AIDS knowledge
* Have deep contacts in the local (DC) and U.S. HIV field, especially with
governments and community.
* Possess strong written and oral communication skills
* Be detail-oriented, and be familiar with and practice the concept of
* Have the ability to problem solve and interact well with others
* Have an ability to work independently and aptitudes for multi-tasking;
* Be service-oriented and have strong sense of anticipation and initiative;
* Possess a strong sense of discretion and confidentiality;
* Be fluent in English, writing and speaking; knowledge of other languages,
is a plus
* Possess thorough computer proficiency in the Windows and MS Office environment.
A previous experience in a similar position, in an international and/or NGO settings,
would be an asset.
Applicants should have a keen interest in the conference. More information can be
found at www.aids2012.org .
Your application should be written in English and include your resume or CV, a
personal letter (not more than one page), salary expectations, and a specification
of your skills as requested above.
Send your application by email to email@example.com by April 15,
2011. Inquiries can be directed to Anouk Rey, Conference Director +41 22 710
AIDS 2012 is an equal opportunity employer. AIDS 2012 is committed to
recruiting and sustaining a skilled, effective, and diverse secretariat, and
to the greater involvement of people living with HIV (GIPA) in all aspects
of its work. People living with HIV, women, and members of minority
groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to