Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Academy for Educational Development (AED)
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: November 12, 2010
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Academy for Educational Development (AED) seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for programs to increase the use of pharmaceutical products across at least two Indian states. Position based in Delhi. AED is a not-for-profit working with private sector partners to reach the base-of-the-pyramid (lower income Indians), both rural and urban. This project will work largely with informal health providers, chemists and caregivers.
• Distilling lessons learned from on-going interventions with similar products in similar regions
• Ensuring that quality formative research is implemented and learning is clear for program development. This step will involved significant coordination with partner organizations.
• Develop project metrics and evaluation plan, including both formal and informal health professionals, chemists and the public
• Ensure baseline, end line and monitoring data are available in a timely manner
• Prepare detailed M&E budget and calendars
• Ensure any consultants used for M&E have clear scopes of work and meet deliverables
• Inform project management of issues, solutions and opportunities.
• Ensure lessons learned are captured throughout project
Requirements: Extensive M&E experience in health sector, with detailed understanding of formal and informal health providers, chemists and children’s caregivers
Skills & Abilities:
• Masters degree in statistics
• Implementation experience with M&E methods and approaches including quantitative, qualitative and participatory
• Ability to plan, design and implement M&E systems, tools, and guides;
• Ability to interact with a broad range of people, including private sector, public sector, NGOs and key opinion leaders
• Organized and able to set priorities, meet deadlines, able to multi-task, excellent leadership and management skills
• Consistently demonstrate ability to make decisions/choices without direct supervision, yet ability to listen to project manager
• Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner to meet current needs
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate complex relationships between organizations and individuals, and to interact smoothly and effectively with clients, colleagues, and the public, with an emphasis on client service
• Willingness to undertake regular field visits
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Fluent English and Hindi. Gujarati is desirable
• Proficient in MS Office
Cover letter and resumes should be sent to
by DAY, November 12, 2010.