AED / Behavior Change Communication for Improving Healthy Behaviors Program in India
Last Date: April 6, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
AED Job Description
Behavior Change Communication for Improving Healthy Behaviors Program in India
Supervisor : Project Director
Location : Lucknow
Project Duration : The duration of this project will be 10/25/2010 to 09/30/2013
The AED Center for Global Health Communication and Marketing (CGHCM) works to bring about positive changes in the actions of individuals, communities, and institutions that will improve the health and well-being of vulnerable populations around the world. Through bilateral funding from USAID/India, AED’s India BCC-IHBP Task Order will focus on institutional strengthening for health communication at the national level and also in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The project will use evidence based approaches to design BCC strategies for HIV/AIDS, TB, MCH and FP/RH that reach to the community level and focus on individual and social change. Through advocacy and other community interventions, vulnerable communities will be empowered to address many health issues such as stigma, gender and rights.
The Office Manager will work to support a busy project office located in Lucknow comprising technical, finance and administrative staff of around 25 people This person will provide Administration & HR support to Project Director (UP) and be an integral part e project Finance and Administration Team. S/he will be responsible for providing guidance and supervision to the Administrative Assistant(s) and driver at the AED Lucknow and District offices. S/he will coordinate and provide guidance as required to the project district offices.
Essential Job Functions
Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
Office Set up
* Responsible for setting up and maintaining the project office premises in Lucknow and coordinating with the Delhi office for the same. .
* Coordinates administrative support to project staff in the state and district offices
* Ensures proper use, availability, security and storage of supplies
* Ensures maintenance and repair of all office equipment Contributes to developing , revising and implementing administrative policies related to office equipment and supplies
* Assists in developing the annual project budget related to office management and operations. Coordinates workshops, conferences meetings and special events, as requested, including identifying sites, planning menus, preparing invitations, answering questions, assisting guests at the event, post event vendor settlements etc
* Supervises the functions of IT maintenance and ensures IT support to all staff as per the IT policy
* Supports in setting up and administration of district offices as required.
* Provides support to Project Director (UP) as required.
* Assist in close down at the end of project.
* Coordinates vacancy announcements, scheduling of interviews, and completion of all recruitment formalities for selected candidates
* Organizes orientation for new staff Ensures Time Sheet compliance and maintains updated Leave Records for all staff.
Travel Arrangements –
* Maintains and periodically updates a database of vendors for travel related arrangements, in accordance with AED and USAID policies and norms.
* Undertakes all travel arrangements including air tickets, hotel bookings, airport transfers etc.
* Verifies and processes bills received from hotels, travel agents and transport agencies
* Prepares documents related to office travel of staff and consultants in Lucknow
* Prepares monthly budget and project cash flow requirements for office supplies, maintenance, upcoming meetings, travel services and any new procurements
Office Vehicle and Taxi Hire
* Oversees maintenance, insurance and use of the office vehicle
* Monitors vehicle log book and ensures updated entries
* Provides orientation/training and supervision to the office driver
* Maintains and periodically updates a database of taxi hiring agencies in accordance with AED and USAID policies and norms.
* Ensures availability of transportation to staff for external meetings and events
* Responsible for insuring project assets as per AED and USAID policies and norms.
* Ensures that all the office equipments are under AMC and in proper working condition. Maintains and confirms inventory of all project assets in Lucknow and district offices
* Supervises the Admin Assistant (s) , Clerk and Driver
Qualifications - The ideal candidate will hold the following qualifications:
* Post Graduate Diploma or Degree in Business Management or related relevant experience preferred
* Excellent word processing, spread sheet (Excel) and related computer skills
* At least 5-8 years of related work experience, preferably in an international development organization.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi
* Very good communication and leadership skills
* Strong organizational skills, ability to multi – task and work under pressure
* Detail-oriented and accurate in work performance
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
* Experience of working with USAID funded projects in a similar capacity
* Knowledge of USAID procurement and administrative guidelines
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
To apply, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
and mention the position you are applying for. The last date for application is April 6 2011. (Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)