Subscribe to our Free International Development Jobs Newsletter
Subscribe to daily
Post your jobs
Chief Health Human Resources Analyst
The African Development Bank
Last Date: April 28, 2010
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
Company: The African Development Bank
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution fostering economic growth and social progress in Africa. The Bank's primary goal is to reduce poverty and improve living standards by mobilizing resources in and outside Africa and providing financial and technical assistance for development projects and programs in Africa. The ADB has a total of 77 member states comprising 53 regional (African) and 24 non-regional countries.
The ADB currently has the following vacancy:
CHIEF HEALTH HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYST
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT (OSHD)
Health Division (OSHD.3)
Objectives: The core objectives of the Division are to contribute to the elaboration of health sector projects/programs in support of Regional Member Countries’ (RMCs) development strategies; to supervise the implementation of and provide technical assistance to health projects/programs financed by the Bank Group; and to participate in the coordination of Bank Group activities in health sector with other international and bilateral agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the Chief Health Human Resource Analyst is responsible to:
• Initiate and conduct missions in conjunction with the Division in charge of high education, science and technology to identify, prepare, appraise and launch health projects/programs to address human resources development issues in Regional Member States;
• Conduct technical studies and analysis on health human resources in Regional Member States and propose ways to address the crisis of shortages of key health workers;
• Provide support and guidance to Regional Member States on policy orientations to be followed in order to improve the supply and utilization of quality human resources for health;
• Conducting technical supervision of on-going health projects/programs by: (i) Reviewing technical/design documents and supervising the work of consultants/contractors; (ii) Reviewing and monitoring portfolio performance reports; and (iii) Assessing the results achieved by on-going health projects/programs.
• Contribute to generating and sharing knowledge on human resources for health issues;
• Formulate and propose the Bank’s Country Assistance Strategy for the health sector by: (i) Analyzing health human resource development policies and strategies of member countries, and recommending health workforce studies/projects/programs; and (ii) Initiating and maintaining a high level dialogue with Beneficiary Countries and other agencies involved in addressing the health workforce crisis in Africa.
• Coordinate loan administration activities related to health projects/programs by: (i) Organizing loan negotiations and signing of loan agreements, and ensuring that loan conditions are fully complied with; and (ii) Providing assistance to the loan administration department on disbursement related issues.
• Contribute to building a partnership between the Bank and other bilateral/multilateral institutions involved in health development, especially on issues related to human resources for health; and Represent the Bank Group at international conferences/meetings, and maintain dialogue with other agencies involved in health sector.
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Division Manager and/or the senior management.
Selection Criteria (Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience):
• At least a Master’s or equivalent university degree in public health with concentration in human resource management and/or relevant disciplines;
• Preferably a minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in the design, implementation or management of health sector reform programs at national, regional or international level;
• Highly competent in using economic/planning tools in the analysis of human resources for health interventions.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in teams and independently, client and result-oriented, strong organizational skills;
• Competence in the use of standard Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point);
• Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit (preferably electronically, to:
email@example.com) a fully completed Personal History Form (PHF), available from the Bank’s web site
http://www.afdb.org/jobs, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating date of birth and nationality. The President, ADB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications: 28 April 2010.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months. Over 1380
positions filled in 2009.
Click here to