Location: New Delhi
Last Date: May 30, 2010
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
ActionAid India is a member of ActionAid International working in India since 1972. Its engagement is with communities, organizations and movements of excluded and poor people to eradicate poverty and ensure justice. Its operations are spread over 12 Regional Offices across 24 States and 1 Union Territory.
ActionAid India wishes to recruit its Director (Finance) based at the Country Office in Delhi. The position reports to the Executive Director / Country Director.
Responsibilities of Director (Finance)
• Financial Management of Action Aid India and its Group entities.
• Formulate and implement financial policies and long term financial strategies in line with Global policies of AA.
• Ensure full compliance by ActionAid India, its Partners and Group entities with the Global and India Finance Manuals; FCRA, Income Tax and other relevant statutes.
• Prepare Annual Budgets and Group Financials for placing before respective Governing Boards.
• Monitor and Strengthen the MIS for Senior Management Team and International Finance and ensure timely reporting to the Country Programme management, AA International Offices, donor agencies and other statutory authorities.
• Ensure effective financial management ie., cash, reserves, fund, treasury etc., and evaluate program efficiency through cost effectiveness and cost benefit exercise.
• Support the Fund Raising Director in monitoring the performance of Fund Raising.
Detailed JD is available on our website at
The ideal candidate should:
• be a qualified Chartered Accountant or having an equivalent Post Graduate degree in Finance.
• have minimum 10 years relevant post-qualification experience of which atleast 3 years at the senior management level in the development sector.
• possess strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and administrative skills.
• be willing to travel extensively, as required.
Please send your application through e-mail at
on our Standard Application Form available on our website
latest by 30th May 2010. Please mention in the subject line of your e-mail “Director - Finance”. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for the selection process.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity and diversity sensitive employer and women, persons with disability, SC/ST/OBC/Muslim candidates are especially encouraged to apply.