Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Chief of Party
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Mozambique-Chief of Party
The International Economic Growth Division at Abt Associates Inc. is committed to the improvement of economic growth and private sector development around the world. Our efforts include private sector development, agricultural and enabling environment technical assistance and analysis, and financial services. Our impact is felt in policies and technical assistance that provide support to economic development in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe.
Abt Associates is seeking qualified candidates for a Chief of Party position on its USAID funded AgriFUTURO Project in Mozambique. AgriFUTURO aims to promote more competitive, prosperous and sustainable international trade in the countryˇ¦s agricultural sector to improve food security and reduce poverty. This is a long term position based in Maputo, Mozambique.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Provide leadership and strategic direction for the entire project, resolve problems, and has overall responsibility and accountability to USAID for ensuring that the Abt project team provides high-quality technical products and services, delivers required results, and uses resources efficiently.
* Manages subcontractor staff, outputs, budgets, and technical work, and oversees all project operations including regional offices as well as those in Maputo.
* Represent the project to international donors, other USAID projects, and key stakeholders working in the private sector.
* Supervise the projectˇ¦s staff and coordinates with the HOPD/Project Quality Advisor from the home office in Bethesda, MD for decisions related to technical, management, resource allocation, and personnel issues.
* Oversee all management/administrative reports and monitoring and evaluation activities in accordance with a Performance Monitoring Plan which monitors progress toward achieving the goals of the project
* Oversee all financial report activities, including submission of quarterly reports detailing fund categories and status for core and field activities.
* Works in coordination with the Project Quality Advisor from the home office to review all the financial and technical reports prior to delivery to the USAID Mission.
- Master Degree and 15+ years experience
- Experience in managing and implementing rural development programs in the agribusiness sector
- Proven project management capabilities in USAID projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (written and spoken)
Please send Current CV in English to
MozambiqueAg@abtassoc.com. In Subject line please write Technical Advisor.
Abt Associates is a for-profit government and business research and consulting firm with approximately 1,400 employees in the US and over 30 other countries. Our talented staff, which includes experts in fields as diverse as public health, economics, survey research, environment, business strategy, education, international development, urban affairs, and clinical trials, works in small, focused teams. Our clients include U.S federal, state, and local government organizations; foreign governments; international organizations; foundations; nonprofit associations and institutions; and business and industry.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to