Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
African Association for Public Administration and Management (AAPAM)
Last Date: August 5, 2011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference:
AAPAM is an international professional organization for those who practice, teach and conduct research or offer advisory services in public administration and management in the public and private sector, mainly but not exclusively, in Africa.
The Association conducts workshops, seminars and conferences, carries out applied research, offers advisory services and publishes a journal twice a year, a newsletter thrice a year, monographs and books.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Individuals for the Post of the Secretary General. This is a high profile job. The duty station is the AAPAM Headquarters at the Britak Centre, Upper Hill on Ragati/Mara Roads in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Secretary General heads the Secretariat and is the Chief Executive of AAPAM. He works under the supervision of the Executive Committee.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• To support the Executive Committee in the development and implementation of policies for the effective management of the affairs of the Association.
• To spearhead Strategic planning processes and to ensure a strategic focus towards the attainment of the organization’s objectives.
• Develop innovative modalities for mobilizing resources from internal and external sources to support AAPAM’s activities.
• To ensure effective utilization of the Associations funds and manage relations with funding and technical partners.
• Regularly assess the performance of the Association in achieving its objectives and take appropriate measures to rectify any shortcomings for subsequent work plans.
• To carry out the day-to-day management of the organization including the recruitment, supervision and support of the organization’s staff.
• To maintain positive and effective relations between AAPAM its National Chapters, members, partners, governments as well as related organizations and institutions.
• To develop and oversee the implementation of an effective communications strategy to raise AAPAMs public profile in Africa and around the world, particularly among Heads of Public/Civil Service in Africa, decisions makers and key donors.
• Represent AAPAM at high level Regional and International meetings in making policy decisions and setting the parameters for Secretariat operations.
• Negotiate agreements with local, regional and international organizations in consultation with the executive committee
• To act as the Chief Accounting Officer for the affairs of the organization
• As Secretary keep the minutes of the General Assembly, the Executive Committee and other organs of the Association and look after the property and assets of the Association.
• Prepare an Annual Report of the activities of the Association and present it at the Tri-annual General Meeting as well as any other reports, which maybe requested.
Knowledge, skills and other requirements:
• A very good command of English; a working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
• At least a Masters Degree; Post graduate training in public administration, management or relevant disciplines will be an added advantage.
• Additional requirements would include training in financial management, project planning and management and human resource management.
• At least seven (7) years relevant working administrative, managerial, or training and research experience with a national, government, public or international organization.
• Computer proficiency a must.
• Demonstrated ability in Resource Mobilization.
• Be of good health and character.
• Experience in working with African government structures and donor agencies
• Team Leadership skills
• Knowledge of AAPAM and its activities will be an added advantage.
CONDITIONS RELATED TO THE POST
• This is a full-time post;
• Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
• Applicants should indicate their salary requirements when submitting their application; the remuneration package attached to this post is negotiable.
• 28 days paid holiday a year
Ragati & Mara Roads
P.O. Box 48677, 00100 GPO
Tel: +254 020 2730555 and 2730505
Fax: +254 020 2731153
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate may be required to take the post as early as 1st October 2011.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
via email each day. Subscribe to 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to