Subscribe to our Free International Development Jobs Newsletter
Subscribe to daily
Post your jobs
Director of Development
Happy Hearts Fund
Location: New York City, USA
Last Date: March 16, 2010
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
Position: Director of Development
Location: New York City
About the Company
Happy Hearts Fund ("HHF") is a non-profit organization with a mission to improve children's lives through educational and sustainable programs in disaster areas worldwide.
Since its inception in 2005, HHF has funded various locally run, culturally specific, effective and efficient charitable projects around the world, including successful programs in Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Cambodia, Vietnam and the Czech Republic. Programs in India and Haiti are underway and expansion across the globe is continuing. HHF aims to advocate and provide for disadvantaged youngsters who have had to endure hardship and who are not receiving the essential and sustainable help they need for healthy childhood development.
The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director and plans, directs, and manages all fundraising and marketing programs and is responsible for the direction and management of the annual fundraising through:
• Establishing HHF awareness and fundraising campaign(s)
• Developing appropriate fundraising avenues for all target audiences (from mass to high-end donors) and cultivating relationships with a view to creating loyal donors/supporters
• Developing and cultivating fundraising and/or strategic partnerships with corporations and foundations
• Overseeing grant writers solicitation of grants from foundations, corporations and high net worth individuals
• Establishing special awareness and fundraising events and other projects
• Manages and directs the organization’s endowment campaign
Special duties and responsibilities:
• Creating the organization’s strategic development plan
• Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major and planned donations as well as all other opportunities
• Supervising grant proposal submission for all organizational programs with support from pertinent staff of other divisions within the organization
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum BA (MA preferred) in Communications, Marketing, or closely-related field
• At least seven years experience in development
• CV should specify campaign experience with measured results
• Excellent planning and organizational, written and oral skills
• Ability to motivate others and be a team player
• Ability to effectively and professionally represent organization to potential donors.
• Competitive salary
• Paid annual, medical, and compensatory leave
• Full medical benefits
How to Apply
• Email cover letter and resume to
• Use Director of Development in the subject line
• No phone calls about this job!
• Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests
• Organization will contact applicants of interest to arrange interviews
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies each day via
3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. Only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to