Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Director of Water Programs
Location: New York
Last Date: December 10, 2010
Director of Water Programs
New York, NY
charity: water is focused on providing clean, safe drinking water to 100 million people in the next ten years. To do this, charity: water is scaling its staff, its countries of work, its international partnerships-and they are-inventing charity in the process.
The DIRECTOR OF WATER PROGRAMS will:
• As a member of charity: water’s Executive Team, help lead the organization and drive the cultural values that make our organization distinct.
• Drive charity: water’s program strategy and build partner capacity to fund $2B in projects over the next 10 years.
• Have ownership of all funds sent to the field for project work. You’ll deploy, monitor and report on $10-20M in project funding this year, growing to $500M per year over the next 10 years.
• Develop and lead people and systems to manage continual influx of complex project data, and to scale exponentially over the next 5-10 years.
• Develop and manage high-level relationships with NGO leaders, water experts, field engineers and community workers, driving testing and broad adoption of viable new technologies and best practices.
• Drive quarterly project funding planning, including vetting and negotiating partner project proposals and coordinating funding capacity with fundraising and accounting teams.
• Represent charity: water in the global safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sector.
• Uphold charity: water’s commitment to transparency and efficiency by holding partners accountable for financial and project status reporting.
We are looking for a truly remarkable individual to join the senior leadership team. The ideal candidate will display these unique qualities:
• At least 5 years experience and expertise in international development, preferably focused on programs providing clean drinking water and hygiene and sanitation training to impoverished communities.
• Experience with designing and managing scalable systems to track, organize and analyze complex project data.
• Proven relationship skills with ability to develop and leverage productive relationships with NGO executives, water experts, engineers and field workers.
• Strong communication skills, with ability to speak authoritatively at conferences, in meetings and on video.
• Analytical, detailed and numbers-oriented approach to planning and budgeting.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Advance degree a plus.
Travel internationally at least 12 weeks per year.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
For more detailed information about the organization, please go to:
Email cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Sandler Search Associates, LLC
880 Third Avenue, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10022
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to