Advisor - Training and Service Delivery Improvment
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: May 17, 2011
Email: email@example.com (Reference:
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ADVISOR – TRAINING & SERVICE DELIVERY IMPROVEMENT, NEW DELHI
Ipas, a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA, is working to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and reduce unsafe abortion-related maternal mortality and morbidity. Ipas’s India country program extends to ten states and has over the last ten years worked towards strengthening training systems, service delivery of comprehensive abortion care services and advocacy initiatives to increase women’s access to safe abortions.
Ipas seeks to hire an Advisor – Training & Service Delivery Improvement (TSDI) to be based at its India Country Office in New Delhi to manage strengthening of the training centers in selected states and facilitating the provision of Comprehensive Abortion Care (CAC) services at the service delivery sites at different levels of the health system.
The position will report to the National Program Manager and will provide support in development of strategies, work plans, technical inputs to country team, supervise clinical mentors in field offices and, work with team members to facilitate implementation activities aimed at achieving country program goals and objectives.
The overall responsibilities also include:
• Planning and organizing new and refresher Training of Trainers’ workshops in CAC at identified training centers to strengthen the training and clinical skills of the trainers at the training centers
• Supervising a team of clinical mentors providing technical support to improve the safe abortion service provision
• Technically strengthening and facilitating events to orient the state program staff, clinical mentors and health officials on project activities and, providing technical support to other units in the organization to include, review of technical, clinical and technology promotion materials
• Supporting the TSDI unit to involve: review of current training strategies; update training processes and materials; select, orient and strengthen clinical mentor’s skills; provide recommendations for feedback to the mentors
Candidates suitable for this position:
• Doctors with post graduation in Obstetrics & Gynecology
• 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Excellent understanding of the Reproductive Health sector in the States of India
• Strong strategic planning skills and team management skills
• Fluent in spoken and written communication skills in English & Hindi
• Demonstrated ability to work on computer
Interested candidates with relevant experience may e-mail their application and CV by May 17th, 2011 to
EACH CV MUST BE ACCOMPANIED WITH:
Cover letter justifying suitability for the position – role fitment based on present & past work experience
Current/last drawn compensation & expected compensation
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED.