Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Chief of Party
Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC)
Last Date: November 7, 2010
Chief of Party - Macedonia
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
The Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is looking for Chief of Party candidates to lead the development and implementation of an expected nationwide civil society/media program in Macedonia where ISC has a 15 year track record of civil society and community development programming. We are especially interested in candidates who have achieved positive program impacts and demonstrate creative and adaptive program management in challenging environments. Ideal candidates will have senior-level civil society/media experience in designing, implementing and directing large international programs that present innovative approaches to: increasing advocacy, leadership, and citizen participation in public policy decision making; NGO capacity development; media development; legal framework; and the use of public information networks and media to advance civil society.
ISC is an independent non-profit organization that gives passionate, committed people the tools, skills, and resources they need to make their communities better places to live. Our current areas of programmatic growth include strengthening democratic institutions and citizenship in transition countries; helping communities in the US and China become more resource efficient and transition to low-carbon economy; and supporting sustainable community development – particularly in areas recovering from natural disasters or vulnerable to climate disruption. With our headquarters in Montpelier, Vermont, and offices in China, Macedonia, Serbia, Kosovo, the Caribbean and Washington, DC, ISC has an international staff of approximately 90 people and an annual budget of approximately $14M. Since our founding in 1991 by former Vermont Governor Madeleine M. Kunin, ISC has led transformative community-driven projects in 23 countries across the globe. For more information about ISC, visit www.iscvt.org
• University degree and seven years of senior project management experience with nonprofit organizations in an international setting, including three years of chief of party or commensurate senior level management experience;
• Strong prior experience in overseeing complex capacity-building and grant-making operations that ensure transparency and can be adapted to emerging opportunities;
• Strong supervisory experience and ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, demonstrated integrity, diplomacy, team-oriented management style, and commitment to develop and maintain collaborative, team relationships in a fast-paced work environment;
• Management of USAID-funded programs and strong financial management;
• Ability to develop and sustain close relationships with program partner organizations, USAID missions, host government officials, and a wide range of national and international NGOs;.
• NGO capacity building/organizational development experience;
• Advocacy experience, particularly around monitoring and holding government agencies accountable;
• Experience working on projects that promote advocacy for policy reform and increase civic activism;
• Knowledge of new media and regional media development experience preferred.
• Experience in developing annual work plans and preparing regular program reports and documentation is critical;
• Ability to establish and maintain program evaluation processes;
• Experience designing and developing programs including conceptualization, proposal writing, and donor relations;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Proficiency in computer applications, including email and spreadsheets;
• Macedonia experience preferred;
• Must be fluent in English; Macedonian or Albanian language skills desired;
ISC offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and qualifications along with an excellent benefits program.
To apply please visit our website at
http://www.iscvt.org/who_we_are/jobs/ and use our online form. This position is open until filled and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Please respect our no phone calls policy. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. EOE
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to