Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs Global Network reaches out to
over 0.6 million international development colleagues.
international development recruiters post their jobs on
Chief of Party of Operations – Ethiopia Livestock Development
Land O'Lakes International Development
Last Date: January 7, 2010
Organization name: Land O'Lakes International Development
Deputy Chief of Party of Operations – Ethiopia Livestock Development
POSITION PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES: Land O’Lakes is seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party/Operations for an anticipated livestock project in Ethiopia. The Deputy Chief of Party will manage all aspects of financial management, HR and administration of the project. This includes overseeing a large grant fund and assuring full compliance with USAID and Land O’Lakes administrative, financial, and procurement rules and regulations.
• Oversee effective implementation of the project’s grant-making, finance, human resource, and office administration functions; ensure proper systems of control and coordination with field and HQ accounting staff.
• Coordinate and contribute to the development of reports for the donor, the host country and/or Land O’Lakes
• In coordination with the COP, oversee budgets to ensure all expenditures are in compliance with Land O’Lakes and donor policies and regulations.
• Monitor budget, fund disbursal and financial records to ensure that project expenditures are in compliance with Land O’Lakes and USAID policies and regulations.
• Ensure timely cash flow analyses and projections to be provided to the donor as necessary and for internal management purposes.
• Review and oversee financial management and administrative procedures and recommend and oversee implementation of changes/improvements in procedures.
• Supervise program administrative, human resources and financial staff. Manage and evaluate staff as necessary to ensure program success. Oversee staff capacity-building.
• Liaise with governmental agencies and USAID offices in Ethiopia to ensure visibility and representation of Land O’Lakes program activities.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with various stakeholders including; USAID representatives, partner organizations, HQ and regional offices.
• Attend meetings, workshops, and other events as a representative of Land O’Lakes.
• Serve as Acting Chief of Party when required.
• Minimum 10 years experience implementing USAID development projects; Experience managing large programs > $ 30 million • Prior success managing a large grants component >$ 10 million • Significant field experience managing USAID programs • Proven track-record in managing a sizeable and diverse staff • Advanced degree in Business Management, Economics, Accounting, or related field • Regional experience; Ethiopia experience highly desirable • Fluency in English.
• Prior development work experience on agriculture programs is a plus • Amharic language skills preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: Send applications to:
FINAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. Thank you for your interest in Land O'Lakes.
this job of interest to you?
Receive 20-25 jobs & consultancies
in your email each day via
our 3 Months DevNetJobs Value Membership. For only USD 44 for 3 months.
Click here to