Location: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Last Date: January 16, 2011
based at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in India.
PATH is a US-based international nonprofit organization with the mission to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors. PATH’s India program is based in New Delhi with sub-offices in Bhopal, Hyderabad, Lucknow, and Mumbai. PATH in India has developed a diverse portfolio of public health programming in the fields of immunization, infectious and vector-borne diseases, health technology commercialization, vaccine development and introduction, HIV and sexual and reproductive health, and maternal and newborn health. PATH maintains a diverse base of funding in support of its work in India that includes bilateral and multilateral donors as well as several private foundations.
PATH is a partner in the consortium headed by IntraHealth International, Inc. in the Manthan Project (Maternal and Neonatal Health Initiative) in Uttar Pradesh (UP) India.
The goal of the project is to work with the Government of UP to improve the focus of its Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) programming on the proven interventions and the operational strategies needed to expand coverage of these interventions. The primary responsibility of PATH is to lead the program’s advocacy efforts, specifically to advocate at district, state, and national levels to promote widespread adoption and scale up of proven MNH interventions and operational strategies.
PATH seeks applications to recruit an Advocacy Specialist based in Lucknow, UP under the leadership of Director: Maternal and Child Health/ Nutrition, India. The position will be seconded to the Manthan Project.
• Conceptualize, strategize and implement creatively advocacy initiative.
• Develop state and district level advocacy agenda based on the proven MNH interventions.
• Advocate to UP Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MHFW) at state level to focus on the MNH interventions.
• Support district level advocacy events/activities to accelerate the acceptance of the MNH interventions.
• Organize diffusion events, including conferences, field visits and advocacy meetings, for national and state level political and technical leaders, MNH champions, media and civil society to share findings from project demonstrations and accelerate uptake of essential and innovative MNH interventions.
• Excellent writing and editing skills in both English and Hindi.
• Excellent presentation skills and public- speaking ability.
• A demonstrated commitment to maternal, child health, rights and issues.
• Extensive experience and familiarity working with the UP press and media.
• Strong network of relationships with senior officials and journalists in the UP region.
Masters in Mass Communications or public relations from a reputed institute with six years of professional experience in advocacy, media work, and policy development in MCHN issues with a proven record of success using advocacy and communication tools to move policy. Working with State press and Media in the state of UP preferable.
PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should visit http://www.path.org to apply online.