Chief of Party for Private Sector Partnerships Health Project
Location: New Delhi
Last Date: April 15, 2011
Email: IndiaPrivateSectorHealth@chemonics.com (Reference:
Chemonics International, a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Chief of Party (COP)/Project Director to lead activities for an anticipated USAID-funded project in India to harness the private sector and improve private sector health care delivery systems.
Responsibilities include: provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction to the project, supervise technical and administrative staff. Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision. Serve as the key liaison with USAID and international, regional, and national partners, and donors. Take the lead oversight role in project work planning, budgeting processes, performance management, and strategic communications. Responsible for achievement of contract results.
• Advanced post graduate degree in public health, business, social sciences or related field strongly preferred
• At least 10 years experience in a senior leadership position, preferably managing complex health technical collaboration programs, preferably in India
• Significant experience in developing innovative private sector health solutions, e.g., public-private partnerships, social franchising, provider networks, etc. with supporting financial arrangements
• Ability to think strategically about key public health problems in India and potential private sector solutions across the range of technical areas, including RH/FP, infectious disease, and MCH
• Knowledge of health policy and financing issues relative to private sector health service delivery
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relations with private sector entities, professional associations, senior government officials, MOH at the State and National level, U.S. and foreign government organizations, development partners
• Qualified Indian nationals are encouraged to apply.
• Experience working as Chief of Party on USAID-funded projects and/or other donor experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Asia experience highly desirable
• Fluency in English required
Application Instructions: Please send resumes to
by April 15, 2011. Please send a current resume and cover letter describing skills and interests and indicate COP-India PSP in the e-mail subject line. Finalists will be contacted.